zimbabwe - national parks- are they safe?

Post Reply New Thread

zimbabwe - national parks- are they safe?

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2009-02-08

Hey,
    Im a 20 year old girl and I really want to do something amazing this summer. I’ve always wanted to go on safari, and I’ve found what seems to be an amazing big 5 experience with a company called African Imapct in Zimbabwe. It takes you camping up and paddling uo the Zambezi River and onto two national parks.
But I know the situationin Zimababwe is a bit volitile to say the least, but does this effect the national parks or is it just the cities?  Is there anyone who has been on an expedition like this who could tell me more about it? Or anyone wo knows Zimbabwe to give me some more advice? How dangerous is it really at the moment, especially for a young white girl? ( sorry if the white girl thing sounds a bit racist, but my mum said she heard sometimes white people can be targeted- is this true?)
Thanks
Siobhan x

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-02-14

Hey Siobhan, I know it’s been a while but I’m interested to know how you got on with this? I’m looking at doing a tour soon and I’d appreciate any advice you have on a good one to choose and who to go with.