LUSH Hair Shampoo Bars....any reviews??

Post Reply New Thread

LUSH Hair Shampoo Bars….any reviews??

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2009-04-08

Wondered if any of you gals have used these shampoo bars and how they have gone down?

I have quite thick hair which is fairly wavy, normally use good quality shampoo/conditioner, but realise carrying bottles of products is gonna weigh my bag down some way, so thought i would look into these bars…any reviews would be good smile

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 923

Joined 2009-02-11

I havent used them personally, but I have heard great things about them, and am planning on getting some, as soon as I get to a LUSH Shop.

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 2051

Joined 2008-03-28

I saw some rave reviews about them on here and packed one as a backup on this trip…...wasn’t worth it!  I got the conditioning shampoo bar and it was rubbish - my hair looked and felt awful afterwards.  Needless to say I ditched it asap and I’m back on normal shampoo/conditioner again!

Think it depends on your hair type really - get one and try it before you go….it’ll save a fair bit of space in your bag if it works for you smile

Rank

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2009-06-14

I’ve been using one of these recently and it does make your hair feel nice but after a few washes it does make your hair feel quite rubery whilst your washing it but fine when it drys, that could just be the one i use which is the combination of shampoo and conditioner, can’t quite remember the name though.

If you get one make sure you leave it on the side to dry or it will stay mushy and fall apart.

Also I don’t think they’ll last as many washes as lush say, still a space saver though.

Total Posts: 1136

Joined 2009-03-17

hey,

i went to lush last week and bought shampoo and conditioner bars and also she gave me a good size sample of their deodorant bars to try out as im travelling next year…

the shampoo is trichomania i think, its white and has a light coconut smell to it…its one of the large wheel ones they cut off 100g for you,not the pre-rounded tin ones (as ive got sensitive skin she said they might not suit me)
i do love the shampoo, i find it lathers quite well but i always rub it again to get more just in case you dont reach all the bits nearer your scalp…!
my hair feels squeaky clean after it and i like the light fragrance!

on the other hand, i too am disappointed by the conditioner..its green and is called jungle….now my hair smelt lovely after the shampoo, however i put this on and and once my hair dried my boyfriend made a comment about how awful my hair smelt, and i too felt it just smelt abit…i dont know really, like medical amost, like scalp treatment stuff you know??
plus i had to work really hard with it to get a good amount on my hair to feel it was actually doing anything…it did feel softer in the shower, but the ends felt quite straw like after strangely (i dont blow dry i let my hair dry naturally too)

so this week i used the shampoo but with original source conditioner and my hair is really shiny! i am next going to try using the shampoo alone and see if this works for me, or possibly try another one of their conditioners…

as for the deodorant bar i was pleasantly suprised! she said its designed to not stop you sweating but to work against the smells from bacteria etc and i really did notice a difference and didnt feel anymore sweat than you would normally have….
i assume this wouldnt be for everyone, but in terms of travelling to hot places where youll get hot and sweaty anyways, might aswell try using something like this beforehand as again it takes up like NO space at all and is better for your body and environment :o

Rank

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2008-05-23

I took the Seanik shampoo bar and the conditioning bar with me on my travels to Fiji, NZ, and Australia. Personally, I loved them! It was much nicer than lugging around big bottles of shampoo. My boyfriend even stole mine for much of the trip!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 251

Joined 2009-01-11

I too bought the shampoo and conditioner bar, and found as far as conditioning goes, it’s about the same as liquid 2-in-1’s - rubbish!! As shampoo bars go, they are brilliant, compact, lightweight, last ages, and don’t spill!

The conditioner is OK, smells like men’s products, but the trick is just to slide it through your hair 2-3 times, rub in and that’s it. It’s odd not having that heavy liquid hanging in your hair, but you’ll notice it’s conditioned when styling. Although I have read the Jungle solid conditioner is not good for some hair types.

I’ve also bought Fresh Farmacy facial cleanser, work it up in your hands into a paste and rub into your wet face, then rinse. BUT this smelled quite medicated, so I bought Baby Face at the weekend, to find it slightly melted when I got it home! I don’t think it’ll be much good melted in Oz, but I do like this more, it feels like it’s softening my face. It is quite oily, I have to use a facecloth to remove it all, but I think I’ll take Fresh Farmacu to Oz for it’s non-melting properties!

I also bought a massage bar in the hopes it would replace body lotion, but it just sat greasily on my skin and ran out after 10 days!

I still have a toner tab to us, and when I bought Baby Face at the weekend I got a free sample of Flying Fox shower gel, but it stinks!  :?

Overall, I like Lush products, especially the shampoo bars! All of the above is based on my own experiences.

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2009-04-09

I love the shampoo bars!

I seem to remember it took a tiny bit of getting used to, just because it’s so different to using a liquid shampoo, but they work fine, and are generally just wonderful smile I’ll definitely be stocking up for my trip.

The conditioner bar…not so great for me unfortunately…it’s just not what you’d expect a conditioner to be. Smells nice though!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 241

Joined 2009-04-21

love them! great to have in your bag in the metal tin as they don’t leak and you can take them in your day bag trekking…. definitely worth getting. also ask in store about them as the woman gave us one that helps repel mosquitos which we used in the jungle and was really good!

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2009-04-07

I took the Seanik shampoo bar and the conditioning bar with me on my travels to Fiji, NZ, and Australia. Personally, I loved them! It was much nicer than lugging around big bottles of shampoo. My boyfriend even stole mine for much of the trip!

Is the Seanik shampoo bar’s available from Lush???

Total Posts: 6269

Joined 2005-12-31

Just shave your head.

Rank

Joined 2009-07-20

not tried either myself, but i went in today and the lady gave me a free tester of a shampooo and a conditioner so id advise doing that and just giving them a go - its freee after all!
Also, the tests are quite a reasonable size - if they last as long as lush says they do (6months for 55g bar) then i reckon my testers would do around 3months… if they work im going to go in again and ask for another tester and then i should be sorted for the trip for free. (which considering how expensive they are would be much nicer than actually having to buy them!)
On another lush topic (sorry for hijacking the thread) has anyone tried their henna? the woman reckoned itd last 6mnths, but im sure thats not true! so if anyones tried it id be glad to hear what they think :D

Also on another note, i found on my travels today that you can get mini things for apx £1 in various places (i.e mini listering 100ml in boots for 97p) Considering how much empty mini plastic bottles are (£1.49 for empty 50ml screw top) I thought id mention this as an alternative!

sorry for the ramblingness!  :D

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2009-03-29

Hey all

After readin many good reviews on here of the shampoo bars I thought it was worth trying before I leave. Got two different ones and currrently been using the jumpin juniper one (its purple and not one of the cut off ones, its one of the ones that fits in the tin). Its awesome. I decided not to buy the conditioner going off what other people have said on here. Gotta ask….who decided we need conditioner to make our hair better…mine feels cleaner and stays it longer than it ever has with any conditioner I’ve ever used. Its squeaky clean when I wash it out and it makes it super shiny.
I also got the green one (god, so can’t remember what its called), smells very woody!! Hopefully it’ll work just as well and the fact I have 2 will last me the time I’m away, going on I’m already using the first one.

Hope it helps ladies. Defo worth looking into!!! x

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 251

Joined 2009-01-11

Also, the tests are quite a reasonable size - if they last as long as lush says they do (6months for 55g bar) then i reckon my testers would do around 3months… if they work im going to go in again and ask for another tester and then i should be sorted for the trip for free. (which considering how expensive they are would be much nicer than actually having to buy them!)

I had the Hybrid shampoo bar, washed my hair with it for work, so only twice a week. Lasted me 5 months. I’d say typically, washing your hair every other day, a bar would last about 3 months.

I’m on my Shine shampoo bar now, it doesn’t look like it’s gone down at all.

Oh, and the Fresh Farmacy sweated in Spain! I had to put it on the balcony at night to dry it out!

Rank

Joined 2008-09-30

Hey ladies,

Thanks for the reviews, Ive bought Seanik to try out before I go, but think I will def need a conditioner. I was surprised how well it lathered so hopefully should last a while! and its true, it made it squeaky clean!

Any other hair advice please?
Ive got curly, but fine/thin hair, so I’ll prob end up scrapin it back and wearing hair bands, so if anyone knows any cool shops/sites that have nice hairbands, please shout up!

Thanks xx

Total Posts: 1136

Joined 2009-03-17

hey girls,

yeh the green conditioner is called Jungle (if its the one ive got, they cut it off the big wheel)
i used it thursday night with my trichomania shampoo (which i love by the way!)
i spent about 10 minutes alone trying to actually get it to go on my hair…that may sound wierd, but as it doesnt lather up it feels like nothing is happening, and in the end against the lush ladys advice i rubbed it directly on my hair lol!

i mean, granted when i dried it it felt soft than when i just use the shampoo alone….but to be honest, the smell is wierd and my hair felt and looked greasy by friday after work like 6pm time….to me if my hair looks dull and greasy after a day then it isnt for me!
i do like the shampoo though and it really works so, im continuing with that and seeing how my hair copes with just shampoo!
oh and im totally loving their deodorant bars by the way!
i thought it was a strange idea but she gave me a big sample and it really is amazing, ive honestly used it everyday since and will 100% take this instead of sprays/ cans etc