any reviews on Real gap?

Post Reply New Thread

any reviews on Real gap?

Rank

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2009-09-14

i am planning on booking an 8 week volunteer project to thailand using Real gap and was wondering if anyone had any reviews, past experiences or was also going?

i plan to leave feb 5th 2010 for 8 weeks. the trip code is THCV.

if anyone has ANY information it would be really appreciated. smile

thanks

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 142

Joined 2009-06-14

your about to be told by people (alot who have not been with real gap) not to go with them etc, remember for every bad review that you see there are loads of others who have had good experiences who just have not done a review.

this goes for most things in life smile

Happy travels

Ian

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3090

Joined 2007-01-03

I went to Thailand with them. All I can say is that you won’t have a TERRIBLE time, just expect to pay a HUGE amount of money to get not alot back from it.

Have fun though, you’ll make some great friends
xx

Total Posts: 2795

Joined 2009-01-26

Do a search on google for reviews on RealGap, or even type in gapyear on the search on this website, i’ve heard no good things about them but im sure at least 1 perosn must’ve had a good time.  Id always adivse for doing volunteer projects to go to the charitys themselves and ask to volunteer i dont see why RealGap charges £1000’s when it would come to do nowhere near that amount of cash, they are a travel company, not a volunteering company.

Id ask around on here for where to go in thailand to volunteer ive seen a good amount of people doing this on their own so someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 468

Joined 2007-05-27

type in ‘real gap’ into title search at top of page on right hand side.

Prepare for brain overload!

I have not been with them but they do seem very expensive for what they give you but then I can hardly talk I’m going with Ozintro lol

Rank

Joined 2009-09-14

yeahh i know your right, but when all people say are bad things. it gets your wondering.. heh..

i shall keep it in mind though, so thankyou smile

Rank

Joined 2009-09-14

I went to Thailand with them. All I can say is that you won’t have a TERRIBLE time, just expect to pay a HUGE amount of money to get not alot back from it.

Have fun though, you’ll make some great friends
xx

what course did you do in thailand?? what was it like when you got there? did you manage to actually do any of the things it says you can do on the website? please tell me evverything!! smile

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2009-04-11

There is alot of bad reviews on websites like…

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews162652.html

However, as so many people go with realgap and their is not many reviews, i think people who have had bad experiences are more likely to right a review than the people that had a good experience.

But most of realgaps projects seem less expensive than other companies….their is a cost/quality factor to consider and the people that write bad reviews have themselves to blaim for picking the first company that appears on google without any research first.

Also i think realgap pass you onto a different company, so you should research a bit more into everything about that project.

This site has a ranking system of gap year organisations.

http://www.gapyearreview.co.uk/advice-and-guidance/advice-organisations.html

Total Posts: 2080

Joined 2008-12-11

However, as so many people go with realgap and their is not many reviews, i think people who have had bad experiences are more likely to right a review than the people that had a good experience.

that’s a good point, but the problem is that the bad ones are in many cases so horrific it just makes you want to avoid them

RankRankRank

Joined 2009-06-14

Google McDonalds at the same time, hundreds of bad reviews… how many of us still eat there..? and go back!

over priced, not the best quality you can buy, much cheaper if you go to the supermarket and make your own burgers :wink:

Total Posts: 6023

Joined 2007-04-07

hello jessica :D

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2007-05-27

Google, McDonalds at the same time, hundreds of bad reviews… how many of us still eat there..? and go back!

over priced, not the best quality you can buy, much cheaper if you go to the supermarket and make your own burgers :wink:

are you saying google have bad reviews as well or do you mean google Mcdonalds at the same time as real gap, the comma is very confusing lol (TEFL teacher - I sort of pick up on these things unfortunately lol)

RankRankRank

Joined 2009-06-14

If were really honest its not that confusing, anyway i have edited it just for you.

If your confused by that it doesnt say much for TEFL qualification :wink:

x (thats a kiss not just a random cross)

Total Posts: 2080

Joined 2008-12-11

Google McDonalds at the same time, hundreds of bad reviews… how many of us still eat there..? and go back!

True, but how many people put months sometimes years of saving, plannning and effort into going to Macdonalds to get there and find out you have been ripped off and have had the experience of a lifetime ruined.

Anyways, with a bit more organisation you can skip out real gap and go straight through the organisation. You would save yourself some scrilla too!  :D

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2007-05-27

If were really honest its not that confusing, anyway i have edited it just for you.

If your confused by that it doesnt say much for TEFL qualification :wink:

x (thats a kiss not just a random cross)

my spelling is rubbish however comma usuage is just something I pick on.

I did get it its just for a moment I thought you were saying google have bad reviews lol smile

Total Posts: 6269

Joined 2005-12-31

How are Realgap and McDonalds even remotely similar? If you have a bad McDonalds, you stand there and yell at various spotty oiks until they give you your £3 back.

If you have a bad experience with Real Gap, you’ve spent hundreds, and you’ve got a long process to get anything back from them.

I think from all the bad experiences on this site, it would be an idea to look at other options. I guess that’s just my opinion, though.