RTW jan 2010 - thai, oz, nz, fiji, s.america

Post Reply New Thread

RTW jan 2010 - thai, oz, nz, fiji, s.america

Rank

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2009-09-01

Hey people,

If ya just reading this first time then to update you quickly

WE HAVE NOW BOOKED SO IF YOU WANT TO COME ALONG THEN U HAVE TO DECIDE QUICK. WE LEAVE ON 18TH JAN 2010.

QUICK ITINERARY:
18th Jan - fly out to Bangkok
full moon on 30th jan
Travel down through Malaysia to singapore
15th Feb singapore - Darwin
do the oz tour or whatever coz it takes you to so many places (38 days, can extend this easily though)
23nd March - Melbourne - auckland
do the kiwi tour (40 days, can extend easily)
3th may may auckland - santiago
30 days in S.America
can decide route together depending on best price and route.
31st May peru (lima) - london

IF U WANT IN JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AND LET US KNOW. I WONT BE CHECKING THIS AS OFTEN ANYMORE.

FB group - think u need to be logged in for it to work

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=148965216766&ref=mf

Original post
Im looking to get some people together to go on a RTW trip with, ive seen theres a lot of people doing similar trips but not a lot have South america in them so i just want to see if anyone is interested in maybe getting something planned for Jan 2010, Jan is not set in stone so could move it to Feb but want to leave early in 2010.

Im thinking of Thailand, then maybe travelling around cambodia and vietnam, then down through malaysia. Then its of to OZ, im open to sugestions here, was thinking along the “Gold Coast”. Then onto NZ, tour both islands christchruch to aukland, then onto Fiji. Then onto S.America moving upwards to central America and then Home.

There is a lot of planning to do as i dont know much about Visa situations etc so if we can get a few of us together, maybe meet up and go to STA travel or somewhere better if anyone knows? and find out what we need to do and get some plans down??

Also if there is a similar trip already on here recruiting people and ive just missed it then let me know and ill just join ya!

I live in London, Mill Hill if anyone is near by.

PS. Im sorry for throwing posts into everyones thread, just wanna get a group together and the sooner the better, if we are to get something sorted then we need to start planning soon if we want to head out in Jan!x

If ya wanna add me on FaceBook its .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Rank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2009-03-05

mate that looks like a sweet plan…... money will be my own limiting factor on that…. dont really want to work…. how long are you thinkin of going for too?!

Rank

Joined 2009-09-01

well i dont have a huge amount of cash either so was looking to get a flexible rtw ticket from STA so i can move around when i need to. How much money are you looking to have saved by jan? i should hopyfully have 5-6k so that my budget.if we end u pnot having much money left then we have the felxible ticket to just skip some places etc. just have to get a rough plan and then change it as we go along depending on the situation with cash! im looking to go for 6 months but if the money lasts then longer maybe. Im planning to stay in cheap hostels etc. Really need to get to sta with some poeple and discuss with them what our options are because it would be good to plan some trips also, diving, trekking etc etc

once there is a group of peeps wantin to get something organised i can go to STA and get a plan down and come back with prices and dates etc. just need to get some people together first!

Rank

Joined 2009-03-05

ok well i have a similar amount of money…. want to be for the same amount of time at least…. and mostly want to do the same places…..i could be tempted dude… want to get something booked up soon though…..

Rank

Joined 2009-09-01

yeah definatly mate, i want to know plans etc. need to get jabs for all the nasties too and you need those 6 weeks before you go anywhere. plus visa’s if we need them which is why i want to talk to STA to find out what we need. Ill see if i can pop down there this week and tell them the route and find out whats what. i’ll post back with what i find. unless you r free and want to go down and chat to them wink  . im at work so i’ll have to find the time but i will get there.

have you read anyone elses posts with similar trips, lets try get a good few people coming along, let them know plans. when i get back from work ill have a proper look through and see if we can recruit some more people!

Rank

Joined 2009-03-05

mate have been into my sta a few times and i have to be honest…. here in cardiff they are really not that helpful at all….. maybe im just asking the wron questions!?

good work on the stalking of peoples threads! like this idea of a group or something man….

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2009-09-17

Hi there!
I have just been looking for someone who is going to Thailand/Vietnam/Malaysia etc and wondered how long you are planning on being there for before you head to oz?
Jan 2010 sounds good.

Sarah smile

Rank

Joined 2009-09-01

Hey sarah,

i dont have a set time yet which is why i wanted to get some people together who are up for organising something.  I dont have anything set yet but there is the thai experience trip that tyakes you around the main places but i dont know how long that lasts for.

Once we have a few people wanting to travel together we can look into planning some stuff, maybe head to STA and ask them whats the best way to do thai, cambodia, vietnam, malaysia etc.

If your up for getting a group together then throw some of your ideas up in here and we’ll get some stuff planned. Im not looking to plan “my own” trip and ask people to come along, im up for getting some people together with their own ideas and then organising something together that we all want to do kinda thing!

Ive posted in a few other threads for people wanting to leave in Jan 2010 so hopefully we can get some more people involved!

Rank

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2009-02-25

dan dan dan excuses excuses,just get ur arse into gear.told u to spk 2 the ppl i booked with they were rather helpful smile much luv.haha x

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-12-21

hi luke, your trip sounds very similar to what im doing, im booked through STA and they were fantastic, im going to thailand on 16th jan, and spending two months in SE asia, to do thailand, laos cambodia and vietnam, then making way down to singapore, then flying to cairns and making my way down east coast oz on oz explorer bus route. then doing a similar thing in NZ for another 6 wks. im then flying to fiji for a week and coming bk via central america.

if your gonna be in any of the same places at the same time, give me a shout and maybe we can meet up or i can join your party for a little bit!!

let me know what u get planned!!!

Rank

Joined 2009-03-05

started moving out of my house this weekend ready to bunk up with people from the end of the month to save even more money!!
dude lets book something up soon!! dont feel like this is actually happening until we’ve done that!!
many more people seeming to be on board!?! cos this whole round the world section seems to be a lil quiet!! come on people!!

RankRank

Total Posts: 74

Joined 2008-11-06

Hi Luke + others,

Im looking to go travelling… in 2010.. for about 6 months ish and would love to go with a group!! I’ve heard Thailand is the most amazing place, and around that area too.  Basically want to go everywhere you said smile

I’m easy going and just happy to do whatever, really need to just get out there and do it..
I’d love to do the VW Camper van thing in OZ not sure which coast it is and heard Byron Bay is a bit amazing!!  LOL

Look forward to hearing more ppls plans

Carrie smile xx

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-09-20

Hey guys-
Luke I am very interested in joining in and getting a group to travel around together!  I would like to be in Thailand by January and I’ve got about 5-6 months to explore. It would be great to have some others with similar plans to join me!  I was thinking about doing a volunteer program with IVHQ in Chaing Rai on Jan 4th for a month and then hopefully meeting some people and traveling from there but I am really open to anything and love the idea of getting an around the world ticket.  Let me know if you are still planning on getting a group together and if you are interested I would love to join in and to help plan!

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2009-09-20

hey i’m up for that been searching people to go with as dont want to go on my own i have 3/4 months off work an can take it jan to feb but i need to give work ect dates by end of oct!!! want to go tailand for few wks then oz an new zeland then finish last few wks in america it will be amazing experience i live near manchester an i’m easy going i’m on facebook if you want to find me x x

Rank

Joined 2009-03-05

ok we somehow need to make this THE thread for JAN 2010 and get this group going!!!!

Milibren - volunteering is something ive wanted to do but havent really looked into it at all tbf….

Luke - have you gone AWOL already?!

Rank

Joined 2009-09-01

Me, AWOL, NEVER wink !!

This thread is looking pretty damn cool, good stuff people smile

Right, some people need dates quick so lets get some stuff sorted. soon as i have a spare hour or 2 i’ll head down to STA and get a plan.

So what do people want to do, dates etc. This is for everyone so throw ya ideas in and i’ll do my best to get them in.

What would be helpfull is if everyone can give me their budget so i know how much to keep the costs to. IA RTW flexible ticket is roughly £1400. Money will then only be needed for accomodation, doing activities and of course having fun!  ...  Would also be good to get some numbers so if ya really wanna do this then put ya name down, lets do this!!

So Far i can see 7 people that seem up for this

Dan - pretty much deffo yeah mate?
Cowgirlz - sound like ya up for it, u def in ?
Sasbomb - your already booked, nice one! ur leaving on 16th so if we leave same day then all the better, otherwise meet ya there?
Sarah P -u still around,?
Millie - sound like ya commited, good stuff
Sara C - sound like a joining us yeah?
Mary - sounds like your coming, we just need some plans booked before nov right?

Other info needed which i’ll ask sta but if anyone has any good info on it, volunteering etc, i havent had a chance myself to have alook so let me know where/if.when people would like to do somethihg, or if we can just do it somewghere as we move along.

The rough plan ive got at the mo is:

Fly to Thailand january - Dates = what do u want? mid jan? shall i say 16th? thing is we want to be there for full moon party i take it?? there is one on 30th jan and 1st/30th march.

Travel around, cambodia, laos and vietnam. then down through malaysia and fly out to OZ.  Now…. the full moon party, ill speak to STA and figure out the best way, times etc to travel around and be at the full moon party as i dont know the best way to travel through the areas around thiland.
i dont now how long it takes to get around and how long to stay in each area so hopefully STA will be able to tell me how long to stay in each place.

OZ = ok, again i dont know what people want to do here but i was thinkin of asking about the “Oz Experience” which i think takes you to all the best places etc. If anyone has more info or wants to do something let me know!! Again i dont know how long to stay in places so im hoping STA will sort this out for us.

NZ = travel around south and then north islands, i was looking at acamper van but have been recommended the “Kiwi” tour by a frind who says the bus drivers take you to all these cool of the track places that you wouldnt know about if you did it on your own so i think its a good idea to look into this “Kiwi Experience”

After nz is a tricky one, Fiji would be nice but you cant fly out to S.america from Fiji so this is def something we have to think about. Ill speak with STA and see what they say about it.

S.America, i think this is where we need plenty of advice. I have a friend there now who im waiting on to hear where to go, places to avioid, how best to get around. as usual ill speak with STA to see what they say.

Right then… lets get this stuff booked!!! smile smile smile

also people, we need to get the jabs and these take 6 weeks i hear so look into that. Ill find out what we need from sta and let everyone know.

Is everyone on FACEBOOK?

lets get in contact on there also so we can keep eachother updated easily.

add me = .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Also, im always up for meeting up with people so we can actually meet and have a chat so if anyone has any ideas on this let us know. Im in london but dont mind a drive to meet somewhere more in the middle of everyone!