English Boarding School Jobs in 2011

Post Reply New Thread

English Boarding School Jobs in 2011

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-01-13

Hi All,

I would really love to work at an English Boarding school during my Gap Year in 2011, but I don’t know who offers such programs. Does anyone know any schools or companies that offer these sorts of programs that I could contact?

Thanks!

Rank

Joined 2010-01-25

i was thinking of doing the same thing! but its so hard to know exactly where to start, i have been looking around the net a fair bit and there are some schools who do accept gap students but its hard to know exactly how to approach them, im a little scared but i think it would be such a great trip, however i was planning on only doing one whole semester, so around 4 months rather than a year, i think it might be even harder to find a school who would accpet just one semester and not two. If you find out any information i would love to know!

Rank

Joined 2010-01-25

I really want to do this too! I had a friend who did it this year and she said she just googled a whole lot of boarding schools and then sent them emails until she found one that accepted her. I am thinking of doing the four months thing as well as I want to travel to other places in my Gap Year aswell.

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2006-12-16

Hi, I know there are a large number of schools out there, but I know for definates that Royal Hospital School in Suffolk take on gappies.
Best bet is to chose a part of the country to want to be living in, then google private/public (they are the same thing) boarding schools in ...
My school had a gap year program but they took them from the leaving sixth form to help them out with work/travel etc.
Good luck

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2009-05-24

Hey,

My school does exactly this! Last year there must have been 10 or so gappies from OZ & NZ. Though, I think they are usually from the same schools. Have you asked your school for possible contacts?
x

Rank

Joined 2011-04-02

Hey,

Chrissy09, what school did you go to beacause that sounds amazing!! I’m currently on my Gap year in the UK from New Zealand, but I was put in a boarding school without any other Gappies and im real isolated!! I GET SO LONELY AND BORED!! Honestly, im such a social person! I know its April and schools accept gaps pretty much only in January, but I’ve been emailing round so many different schools, and cant find any other placement to go to. Would you be able to help with giving me details??

Thank you so much!!

Rank

Joined 2011-05-12

im doing a gap year in 2010 to england too! My school organises the gap years through a program called ‘lets live’. Through lets live they place you at a boarding school for a year at in the UK or Canada. iv’e chosen to go to england because I want to go in one of the top boarding schools for girls and i’ve also been there before and loved it.