Malarone tablets - HELP!!!

Post Reply New Thread

Malarone tablets - HELP!!!

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2009-12-16

I have just ordered a prescription of 14 malarone tablets online from boots.com!

They have only charged me the £7.20 prescription charge is that right??

I now have to send them my prescription and they will sed the tablets to me.

The tablets i ordered were the MALARONE tablets 250mg + 100mg.

I thought they were going to cost me £40 ish.

Can anyone enlighten me??

Thank you in advance

xxxx

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3928

Joined 2007-06-25

What colour is your prescription?

If it’s white, you should have clicked the Private prescription button, if it’s green you’re damn lucky and the NHS has just paid for the most expensive anti-malarial you can buy.

It costs £32.06 on private prescription.

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2009-12-16

oh rite it was green! iv been panicking and my mum was just like click accept click accept! thanks

xxx

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2010-01-18

Very lucky! Which part of the country are you from (rough area, not specific address!)?

Total Posts: 1136

Joined 2009-03-17

hi guys, same dilemma if you can shed light alex??

my prescription is for malarone too (15 tablets)

its a folded bit of paper. the front part is white with my name/address, tablet details and my doctors signature..
the second part folded on the back is green with details on if you have to pay or not, then on the very back is just lots of dots on a green page with NHS logo bottom left corner??

Just clarity really, i paid £11.50 for the prescription and asda are quoting £37.81 for the tabs (£2.52 each)

Total Posts: 3928

Joined 2007-06-25

You have a private prescription because it’s on a white piece of paper and you paid to have it written. Regarding price, I have no idea what the prices are in your area - you need to shop around.

Get on the phone, call small pharmacies, supermarket pharmacies and compare against http://www.travelpharm.com which is £2.25 per tablet. I believe you can get them cheaper at Sainsbury’s pharmacy but you’ll need to do some calling around I’m afraid.

Lexi
x

Edit: And yes, buying the tablets on travelPharm is safe, and many people have used it with no problems. You place your order, then send them the prescription and they send you the tablets. Simple.

Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2011-01-20

Hello

Regarding Malarone: Yes, you only paid prescription charged, this is regardless of the true cost of the medicines.
I am just concerned why only need 14 tablets as this won’t last you very long. Malarone you need to take 2 days before going to a Malaria zone and 7 days afterwards.

I work as a GP in Lewisham, London and malarone can be prescribed on a so called FP10 (green prescription)
Hope this helps, please check you’ve got enough

Dr iSeb