"Ultimate Traveller"

Post Reply New Thread

“Ultimate Traveller”

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 797

Joined 2008-04-02

C4 show on, umm, right now. (I’m sure it’ll be repeated, and also on 4OD, though.)

Six inexperienced travellers backpack through Indonesia, doing challenges. (Low-budget version of The Amazing Race?)

It could be fun, or it could just be another Big Brother…

Anthony

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 124

Joined 2009-11-30

Wow… some real idiots on that show 8O

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 300

Joined 2008-03-09

Ha! I saw this.

I worked on something similar called the Smirnoff Experience where we sent 10 people round the world for a year, filming and writing blogs. Was an awesome experience for them - these people don’t know they’re born! That moany guy was homesick after 6 hours!

Silly boy!

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-04-02

Yeah, I like the idea of travelling with some kind of mission or goal (but nothing too cheesy).

To be fair, I think the guy might have had some jet-lag and culture-shock (disorientation due to the lack of normal sights, sounds, signs, social cues, etc) rather than homesickness. It’s a shame, because you usually get over that in a day or two.

It’s a bit weird to ban them from using the Internet, though I can see why. But then they gave them those laminated cards with the accommodation details etc on, which seems to make it too easy again.

They always feel the need to inject drama into these shows - I think it would be better if they kept it more authentic and interfered less :/

(But then, I’m probably not the target demographic for this show, being that it’s on T4…wink

Anthony

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 2534

Joined 2006-07-14

I would of gone mad at that guy, you get a chance like he did and he full on bottled it, without even giving it a chance. I know where they stayed in Jakarta, its shit, but they had one of the better hotels. The show is full of idiots, and im gonna enjoy watching them fuck everything up!

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 766

Joined 2008-01-18

what a bunch of twats! is all i can say really! you have to travel for a week with only a day bag….‘oh my god, my make up will take up that much room’....GO HOME THEN!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-03-09

It was kinda embarassing to watch - they were really young though - no offense to anyone who is that young….that boy will kick himself in a few months when he realises what an amazing (free!) experience he could have had.

I know what you mean Aefaef - they should be left more to it - and I think they would be if they were older….but the Producers have a duty of care and all that so I guess thats why they are a little wrapped in cotton wool in a sense.

Total Posts: 2534

Joined 2006-07-14

Hey girls, we ran out of money because we spent it on playing video games allday. So you will have to sneak us into your room.

Personally id of told them to fuck off!

Total Posts: 1310

Joined 2006-05-30

I’ve just watched this on 4OD; I thought I’d hate it but actually it was quite entertaining.

Though I would dearly love to punch Andrew in the face, Nathan is a likable imbecile, and actually the girls were quite sound - though the makeup thing was rather funny.

Dunno why Chloe got loads of bad rap, she seemed to be the main one getting stuck into it all.

I think I’ll watch this series, its not as if there’s better things to do on a Sunday anyway.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 171

Joined 2009-06-02

Randomly caught it and it was ok to be fair.

Agree that they dont need to inject any more drama, hopefully they wont start giving them loads of stupid challenges, just watching them trying to cope with basic things will be interesting enough.

That guy was such a prick, what an opportunity to waste. We’ve all met people like that I suppose, but most manage to stick it out more than 2 days! It wasnt even like they made things too uncomfortable or difficult for them.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-03-09

Hey girls, we ran out of money because we spent it on playing video games allday. So you will have to sneak us into your room.

Overproduced!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2007-07-23

I hope he regrets going home when he reflects back on it later in life!

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-04-02

Well, he’s going to be the “replacement”, isn’t he?

Anthony

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-03-09

He’ll be on Big Brother - you wait!!

Total Posts: 1310

Joined 2006-05-30

Well, he’s going to be the “replacement”, isn’t he?

Anthony

Ah you could be right there, because I was wondering how the other two looked so disappointed the moment they saw the guy at the end of the programme.

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 800

Joined 2005-07-30

Haha I just watched this, gripping viewing!

But omg I can’t believe that guy went home ... what an idiot! Two months in Indonesia, fully funded 8O Why would you give that up?!