Thai Visa - How to fill out the form??!!

Post Reply New Thread

Thai Visa - How to fill out the form??!! 

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2010-10-03

Hi possibly a really stupid question! I think ive figured out what im doing with visas…..just not sure how to fill out the form!! 

so Im going to get a Tourist Visa and apply for two entries. Ill probably stay around a month but maybe more on both entries. so on the form where it says

Duration of stay: would you just put two months?
Proposed address: ?
For departure travelling by: to:
does this bit just want to know where you will be heading after your final entry?

Thanks and sorry for being dumb just dont want to mess up the form!! xxx

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3928

Joined 2007-06-25

Hi possibly a really stupid question! I think ive figured out what im doing with visas…..just not sure how to fill out the form!! 

so Im going to get a Tourist Visa and apply for two entries. Ill probably stay around a month but maybe more on both entries. so on the form where it says

Duration of stay: would you just put two months?
Proposed address: ?
For departure travelling by: to:
does this bit just want to know where you will be heading after your final entry?

Thanks and sorry for being dumb just dont want to mess up the form!! xxx

Is there not a ‘how to complete this form’ section on the website? If not, it is likely to be:

Duration of stay: 2 months or 60 days or 8 weeks - (one of those)
Proposed address: First hostel address (just pick any if you’re not booking in advance)
For departure travelling by: plane/train/bus/boat/foot to: Cambodia/Laos etc.

I’ve not been to Thailand though, so I’m only guessing based on lots of other visas I’ve applied for.

Rank

Joined 2010-10-03

thanks for that! Couldnt find anything on the visa sections on just how to fill out the form loads on the actual visa rules! So after my first entry ill be going to laos but on the seond one ill be heading home so reckon put what I willl be doing after the last entry?

Joined 2007-06-25

Hmm, I’ve just re-read your post and wonder why you don’t go for the tourist visa exemption (which give you 30 days in Thailand without requirement for a visa). People do visa runs whereby they exit Thailand before the exemption expires and then return to Thailand the same day for a renewed 30 days.

Or, if you’re sure you’ll be in Thailand for longer than 30 days for the first entry, just get a visa for the single entry, giving you 60 days and then get the 30 visa exemption stamp when you return from Laos.

But please check that this makes sense based on what it says on the Thai Embassy website because as I said, I’ve never been to Thailand, I’m just going by what I understand that’s written on the website.

Total Posts: 1923

Joined 2008-04-17

Pretty sure you can only have single entry on a tourist visa.
I applied for my tourist visa for Thailand, in Melbourne and I was only allowed single entry (I wanted 2 entries).

You will have to do as suggested above, use a tourist visa for one entry (your first probably), and then if you are entering over a land border you’ll have no trouble coming in again and getting the visa exemption thingy. Probably best to have an onward flight or ticket booked out of Thailand, (or elsewhere), just so you can show it if they have any problems letting you in cos they’ll think you’re overstaying!

Rank

Joined 2010-10-03

ah ok, well I wanted to get a tourist visa for the first entry as I was told that with the visa exemtpion you need proof of a flight out of thailand after the 30 days are up (which I dont) and you do not require this with a tourist visa? I thought you could get up to three entries on a tourist visa? arghh confused! ive based all of this on what ive read on the really long Thailand thread in the Country secion on here. If I cant get a tourist visa for the two entires I guess Ill just get it for the fist to make sure I dont have any problems entering since I dont have proof of an onward flight after the 30 days (my flight is booked for four months later). Denton did you apply for two entries? thanks for your help guys xx

Joined 2007-06-25

ive based all of this on what ive read on the really long Thailand thread in the Country secion on here.

You should ALWAYS verify what you read on messageboards with the actual official source - such as the Thai Embassy because you can never be sure that information on here is accurate or up to date.

Have a look on their website and see if you can make sense of it there: http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/newversion/visa/visa_main.html

The Thai Embassy says this about Tourist Visas:
The applicant can be apply up to 3 entries. Duration of stay not exceeding 60 days per entry (Please refer to Validation of Stay). Single entry visa has 3 months validity, more than one entry visa has 6 mounts validity.

Visa Fee = £28 per entry

The Thai Embassy says this bout Tourist Visa Exemptions:
... passport holders from 41 countries [including UK] are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period of not exceeding 30 days on each visit… provided that

-Their purpose of visit is only for tourism
-They have the nationality of the countries issuing their passports or travel documents in lieu of passports which must be authentic and valid more than 6 months from the date that you enter to Thailand (this excludes all certificates of identity)
-They arrive in and depart Thailand by any means of transport (air, land or sea) through immigration checkpoints, any confirmed tickets to leave Thailand within 30 days from the arrival date at the port of entry in Thailand must be obtained.
-Confirmed tickets to leave Thailand within 30 days from the arrival date at the port of entry in Thailand must be obtained.

Joined 2008-04-17

Maybe you have to apply for the tourist visas separately?

I wasn’t allowed more than one on my tourist visa, and neither were my friends (I got it in Melbourne, they in Sydney).

Just have a go at applying, they’ll let you know whether you can have 2 or not. If not, then you can just use the visa exemption for your second visit.

I also got the visa for free, and didn’t have to pay 28 quid….
My friends had to pay something in Sydney though.

Yes, I put two entries down on my form, and they changed it to one and said I could only have one. (I applied in person, not by post).

Rank

Joined 2010-10-03

Ah ok, I read somewhere (cannot find the link again!) that the countries neighbouring Asia were a lot stricter with giving out multiple entry tourist visas, so maybe that’s why you had the problem applying in Oz? hmm, I will let you know how I get on! xx

Joined 2008-04-17

Maybe, but Oz is hardly “neighbouring” Thailand!
It’s still a 6 hour flight away from Darwin and a 9 or 10 hour flight from Sydney.

I would imagine that’s more for the immediate neighbours, as they are much poorer countries than Thailand and they tend to get a lot of illegal workers (about 80% of the men I met in Cambodia had illegally worked in Bangkok at some point!).

Yeah let us know how you get on, fingers crossed it’s easy!

Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2010-02-12

I got a thai visa through post in Uk, from Liverpool consulate. Tourist visa, with up to 3 entries, and was free! sorted!

Joined 2007-06-25

I got a thai visa through post in Uk, from Liverpool consulate. Tourist visa, with up to 3 entries, and was free! sorted!

When was that? I believe up until March 2010 the Thai visa was free (because of an attempt at increasing tourism in Thailand). It now costs £28 per entry.

Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2010-06-01

Hi

I might be able to help with this one as I picked up my own 2 entry toursit visa last Thursday.

I applied at the Thai embassy in London on the Tuesday and collected the visa 2 days later.

It was all pretty straight forward in the end but I agree that the application form is a bit confusing.

As I’ve got a RTW ticket I don’t know exactly when I will be visiting Thailand, or how long I’ll be staying. I applied for a 2 entry visa and on the form wrote my date of arrival as 25/01/20111.

Duration of stay I wrote 60 days.

Proposed address I wrote NOT KNOWN.

I didn’t know what to write in the section about departing Thailand. Fortunately, A lady in the queue told me to write BY AIR in the “travelling by section”, and to write THAILAND in the “To section.”

The visa was free and allows me to enter twice before 13/06/11.

Rank

Joined 2010-10-03

Ahh brilliant Jeff thanks for that! Free too not bad! smile xx

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2006-03-30

im confused 8O i will be entering thailand overland from malaysia, will i need to apply for a visa or wil they just give me the 30 day for free at the border??? thanks

Joined 2007-06-25

Why don’t you read about the visa exemption section and other information about visas here:

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/newversion/visa/visa_exemption.html