New member...Help!lol

Post Reply New Thread

New member…Help!lol

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-12-14

Ok I am completely new to this and I’m not sure how to go about it.  I’m at uni and am seriously considering doing some travelling and volunteer work when my degree finishes in May.  Any advice or ideas?  I’m open to any suggestions I just want to see the world!  :D

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3008

Joined 2004-05-30

I reckon a good place to start is to read ‘Virgin Travellers Handbook’ or ‘Before You Go: The Ultimate Guide to Planning Your Gap Year’ by Tom Griffiths. He’s the founder of this website and I found his writing informative and inspirational. Having read this I went from thinking about travelling to dead set on making it happen.

Rank

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2007-09-13

This website will be your savour!! It has absolutely tonnes of information for you to get stuck in on…I’d take up garratt’s advice first and try reading a few books as they will most likely set your mind onto whether travelling is for you or not. Personally I cannot recommend it enough, I haven’t been travelling as much as I would like and have not yet done any round the world stuff but from what I have done, I can say I truly have the bug!!

If you are unsure on where to start, I’d suggest looking at an atlas or a map of the world. It can help you pinpoint places of interest (including those smaller countries you wouldn’t have necessarily thought about). My list keeps on growing daily…I was planning on a round the world trip a few years ago but my circumstances changed. Now sadly after the death of my boyfriend my plans are back on track - only now for more of a working holiday visa to New Zealand before applying for permanent residency, with (hopefully) a few places visited on the way home!!

Good luck anyway, be sure to ask as many questions as you want. I haven’t been on the site for a while but we’re a friendly bunch smile We won’t bite!!!

Happy travelling smile x

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-12-14

Thanks guys :D i will be sure to get some books and get reading lol sounds so scary just getting up and going but really want to do it…ill get back to yas once ive read all i can 8)

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-08-05

My Dearest Beloved, Can I trust you to distribute our life earns to the Motherless Homes, refuges in war peoples suffering, supporting disabled people to live the life they choose and like to help others. contact me through my private email address: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Image Attachments

Mrs.Michelle_Skalicky1_.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image