new to this! need some help

Post Reply New Thread

new to this! need some help

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-01-04

hi everyone! im interested in volunteering in an orphanage, and dnt know where to begin. id like to find a local charity that arranges groups of people to go together. i have checked out some websites online and they cost a bomb before even paying for flights. im totally confused. can anyone help?

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 154

Joined 2010-11-20

where about - there are loads of them out there ?

Rank

Joined 2011-01-04

Hey! im not sure where abouts at the minute - theres so many places ive read about! ideally like to meet up with people and go with them, like a charity that knows basically how to go about it!

where have you been?

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3928

Joined 2007-06-25

Have you looked on the volunteering messageboard? There are lots of ideas there.

Rank

Joined 2011-01-04

yeh ive read through most of them, but they all seem so expensive. id lie to locate a charity from belfast that makes regular visits to orphanages. i cant seem to find any

Total Posts: 1923

Joined 2008-04-17

So you want to do the volunteer work in Belfast or somewhere overseas?

Total Posts: 3928

Joined 2007-06-25

id lie to locate a charity from belfast that makes regular visits to orphanages. i cant seem to find any

Talking as someone who works with charities on a daily basis, I can almost guarantee that you will not find any charities in Belfast that take their supporters to orphanages overseas on a regular basis. My job is actually to try to help organise this kind of thing for charities as a fundraising activity, and it is a very niche market! (Website link on my profile if you want to find out more)
Plugging my company aside, your best bet would be to start thinking about the locations in which you want to work and narrow it down from there. Which continents appeal? Asia? Africa? South America?

Then narrow it down by country. Maybe you like the idea of South America, so what kind of activities might you want to do / things might you want to see after your volunteering is over? Wildlife? Maybe consider Ecuador so you can visit the Galapagos, or Peru so you can get into the Amazon.

Maybe you like ancient ruins? Peru has the Inca (and other) trails plus loads of incredible archaelogical sites. etc

You need to think a bit more specifically about where you would like to visit before you can consider what you’d like to do. Then you can look for ways to contact orphanages or projects directly to cut out the middleman and save money.

Rank

Joined 2011-01-04

ideally i would like to join a charity group from belfast, then travel overseas with them. rather than travellin overseas alone

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-08-05

My Dearest Beloved, Can I trust you to distribute our life earns to the Motherless Homes, refuges in war torn areas of Middle East and Haiti peoples suffering, supporting disabled people to live the life they choose and like to help others. Send your reply to my private email address: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)