mini travel hair dryer??

Post Reply New Thread

mini travel hair dryer??

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 423

Joined 2010-05-27

I have been reading through some of the posts about taking straighteners, iv desided I wont be taking them but think a mini travel hair dryer would be good.

Im just wondering if many people take one? If so was it worth it?

Also is there actually anywhere to plug it in, in the hostels?

and if anyone did take one, which one did they take, what do I have to look for to know if it will work in Southeast asia?

I just think on them days when your feeling grotty, having nice hair can make a huge difference. hmmm

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 241

Joined 2009-04-21

I took a mini travel hair dryer from Boots, and it lasted me the entire year. To be honest I didn’t really use it too much in SE Asia (unless I was in a room with amazing Air Con ) as its just too hot and a bit of a pointless task as by the end of it your neck is dripping with sweat which dirties up your hair again!!! In SE Asia I generally just used to shampoo my hair in the shower then when I came out put in some leave in (no need to wash out!) conditioner and then let my hair dry naturally.

There were always plug sockets available in all our rooms in SE Asia, all you need to get is an adaptor.

I used my hair dryer all the time while living in Australia, but left the straighteners back in the UK. Seriously your hair can get really damaged with the humidity in Oz… just blow drying it does damage enough! If I wasn’t going to work or going out, again I just let it dry naturally.

Would definitely recommend buying some leave in conditioner! We took those little bottles you can get from Boots, i took three of them and they lasted me all through SE Asia (and my boyfriend used them too!) as you only need a small amount!

Hope that helps! xx

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 423

Joined 2010-05-27

thats for your reply

yep I have seen a few people say that, that its to hot to bother drying your hair, so I guess I should listen to this, just hard to imagine when im sitting in my cold bedroom in England lol im sure hair will be the least of my worries when Im there but thinking about it now it seems like a big issue lol

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-04-21

Yeah I know what you mean but honestly when you go travelling you just kind of let go…I’m back in England now and still haven’t used straighteners since before I went travelling as I now like that flowy, natural look! x

RankRank

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2010-06-18

i have both hair dryer and ghd’s with me and have used them loads - even when my hair dryer blew up i bought another one. it depends how difficult your hair is to manage and how willing you are to just let it be.  for me, i feel better having them with me!

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2010-07-01

im taking both….! u can always chuck um or send them back home if u dont use them.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-04-21

f you’re going to use a hair dryer &/or straighteners I would definitely recommend taking some good heat protection products with you…as I said before the combination of the humidity, sea water and blow drying my hair for work in Oz really dried out my hair…so much so i had to have special conditioning treatments done when I got back to the UK….and that was only using a hair dryer 5 out of the 12 months i was gone!!! You just don’t want to come back with frazzled hair like me! smile

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2011-04-01

Weird question maybe, but if you’re in a dorm in a hostel do the other people mind if you start using your hairdryer first thing in the morning if there are people still sleeping? I don’t want to be that annoying one who wakes everyone up raspberry

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3928

Joined 2007-06-25

Weird question maybe, but if you’re in a dorm in a hostel do the other people mind if you start using your hairdryer first thing in the morning if there are people still sleeping? I don’t want to be that annoying one who wakes everyone up raspberry

A good question, and yes, people will mind very much if you are an early bird and you use your hairdryer in the room. There might be somewhere you can use your hairdryer outside of the dorm but otherwise you will wake people up and cause upset.

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2011-04-01

Ah ok, I’ll have an ask around for plug sockets outside the dorms,  LOL  thanks for your reply!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-04-21

In some hostels I was in in Oz they only had plug sockets outside the dorms anyway!

Rank

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2009-07-05

Hey Zoe, I took straighteners to oz and left my hairdryer at home, generally it was so warm i could dry my hair in the sun and then straighten it if I wanted to! I found that most hostels had plugs in the bathroom aswel as in dorms so you can get away with noisy hairdryer in there! Im going away again in July and thinking about a travel hairdryer aswel as straighteners this time!
xx

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-10-12

I’m using the products of Philips. they provide the mini dryer that can be used for the traveling and it is totally portable.
https://sugarbearhairreviews.com/