Working Holiday Club - experiences?

Post Reply New Thread

Working Holiday Club - experiences?

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-06-11

A testimonial from the Student Flights website and someone that has been on the Jumpstart London Package.

http://www.studentflights.com.au/travel-mag/2014/12/travel-confessions-shannon-hansen-working-uk-europe/

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-06-12

Madds & Liz…

We left Perth with a one way ticket, thinking we were ready to take on Europe, however the year that followed was one of the craziest and best years of our lives, way beyond anything we could of ever imagined.

We were living in London and travelling throughout Europe. We had the opportunity to work in some of the most amazing 5 start hotels throughout London through TWHC which was intense but while we worked hard, we definitely partied harder (the bus trips home the next day were always interesting… )

From boozy days in Hyde Park to TWHC crazy nights out around London we met some wicked people and life long friends. We moved in with housemates we had never met before who quickly became like family.. A year neither of us will never forget.

This a picture of a trip we took to the Gold Coast with friends we met over in the UK. We are all from different parts of Australia but time and distance doesn’t change a thing..

Image Attachments

3333.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Rank

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2015-02-27

I have heard of people enjoying great experiences with WHC but I have also heard great things about Summer internships abroad with BUNAC (http://bunac.org/uk/summer-departures) who have been around a long old time and really know their onions.

Sometimes it’s the most established old hands that know best!

Rank

Joined 2016-02-15

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring up an old thread, hoping you may see this.

Did you all end up doing WHC? How did you find it? Would love your experiences.

Rank

Joined 2016-03-09

Schoie1290 YOUR POST REALLY GIVES ME HOPE.

I was planning on going with TWHC at the end of this year but after reading all the horrible reviews i was put off completely and the thought of going to London on my own with no job or experience or place to stay..just isn’t an option for me as i suffer with anxiety (heck i was even anxious about going with twhc) i just wanted to say thankyou…i may just reconsider now. smile

Rank

Joined 2016-11-29

I have no experience with TWHC and the UK program, as I went to Canada with them for my working holiday. Would caution against working at any of the resorts on the west coast besides Whistler. I worked at Grouse Mountain, and there was no staff housing available, when they had advertised that housing was included. Was only once we had the Skype interview did they inform us that staff housing wasn’t an option, and at that point we had already booked flights and paid for our visas. Housing and rental prices around Vancouver are crazy-inflated and the price to rent even a basement suite while earning minimum wage is just not viable. When you confront TWHC about these issues, they will tell you it’s about the ‘experience’. Not much of an experience when you’re working long hours and still facing homelessness. A lot of people in our group ended up leaving to travel, which in hindsight I wish I had done as it would be a lot cheaper and you would see more parts of Canada. For the amount you pay TWHC as well, it’s really quite simple to apply to these resorts yourself, and as for visa and banking advice, you can easily find all the info you need on the internet.