Another Vietnam visa question.......

Post Reply New Thread

Another Vietnam visa question…....

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 423

Joined 2010-05-27

I am confused….

When do I get my Visa for Vietnam? STA told me to get it in Bangkok along with my visa for Laos and Cambodia?

Thing is there is about 11 of us travelling together, so if we all choose to do this how long are we looking at for these to come through?

What other options do we have?

We will be arriving by land, from Laos

Any help would be brill. Thanks

Zoe x

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 339

Joined 2010-02-07

Why did they tell you to get the Laos and Cambodia visa in Bangkok? Both those are issued on the borders.
You can get a Vietnam visa pretty much anywhere in Asia, if you pay extra you can get it in one day. I got mine in Vang Vieng last year and it took one day and cost 55 dollars!

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3928

Joined 2007-06-25

Get it from the Vietnamese Embassy in the UK if you want. I believe you can send off your applications together but you won’t fit 11 passports in one special delivery envelope.

Google ‘Vietnam Embassy London’ and look at the embassy website for details.
http://www.vietnamembassy.org.uk/

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 241

Joined 2009-04-21

Get it from the Vietnamese Embassy in the UK if you want. I believe you can send off your applications together but you won’t fit 11 passports in one special delivery envelope.

Google ‘Vietnam Embassy London’ and look at the embassy website for details.
http://www.vietnamembassy.org.uk/

I got mine and my boyfriend’s visas this way. Was a pretty quick turn around, no fuss and was good having it all sorted before we flew out to Asia

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-05-27

yer it would be good to get it sorted before I go. One less thing to worry about when I get to Bangkok.

I have just printed off the application form from that site, so I will send that and once I get it back then its all done? I just turn up at the border and go through? I dont need to do anything else? sorry if that sounds dumb lol but all this visa stuff so confusing and dont want to get it wrong!

Thanks for all your replies

x

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-05-27

O and also Im not sure of exact date of entry or exit. 

I want to be in Vietnam for about 3 weeks, and I believe im allowed 4 weeks on this visa? So if I put a predicted entry date, am I right in thinking I can enter after that date but it will be eating into my 4 weeks?

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3928

Joined 2007-06-25

I have just printed off the application form from that site, so I will send that and once I get it back then its all done? I just turn up at the border and go through? I dont need to do anything else?

-You complete the application form
-Get a passport photo
-Contact the Vietnamese Embassy to find out the current visa fee (I think it’s £38 per passport)
-Write a cheque or buy a postal order for the visa fee+return postage cost (£8 per passport, or less for more passports). Bear in mind that postal orders cost money so it will be cheaper to pay by cheque
-Ask the post office for a special delivery (silver) Royal Mail envelope and put your return address on it
-Pop all of the above, and your passport into another silver special delivery Royal Mail envelope (which the post office will give you), and get it all sent off!
You’ll get a sticker on your passport page which is your visa, and this will allow you to go through immigration problem free.

Make sure you read through the instructions on the Vietnamese Embassy website clearly before you send it off to make sure you understand it.

If you don’t know your expected arrival date (and can’t approximately work it out) you will be better off buying it while you’re travelling. If you can work it out remember this:

“A visa will be valid from the entry date to the exit date as printed. You can visit and stay in Vietnam any time between these two dates, i.e. you cannot enter Vietnam before the entry date and you must leave by the exit date. Therefore, you should be clear about the DATE OF ENTRY AND EXIT on your application form. “

Lexi

P.S. If you are unclear about any of this, my advice is to contact the Vietnamese Embassy who are obviously the most qualified to answer your questions.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 241

Joined 2009-04-21

O and also Im not sure of exact date of entry or exit. 

I want to be in Vietnam for about 3 weeks, and I believe im allowed 4 weeks on this visa? So if I put a predicted entry date, am I right in thinking I can enter after that date but it will be eating into my 4 weeks?

Hey just had a look at my passport now. We had to give an exact day of entry, its easy enough to figure one out if you know your route e.g. just think about how long you want to give yourself to do North Thailand & Laos if you’re going that way (we gave ourselves just under a month…could have done it a bit quicker though). Our exit date was exactly a month after…. it doesn’t matter if you leave earlier than expected (as the visa is UNTIL [this date]) so I’d advise giving yourself a month to be safe.

Once you’ve sent it all off, your passport will come back with your Visa stuck inside…and that’s it! Once you get to the border you just show them your passport with the VISA, put your bags through the security thing and that’s it!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-05-27

Thank you for your help! Appreciate it, its all so confusing and really want to try avoid paying STA to do these things for me, every penny counts! lol

Thanks xx

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-06-20

More info for you :

How visa vietnam works ?

How Visa Vietnam Online works?
To make your trip to Vietnam easy and simple, the Vietnam Immigration Department has implemented a modern electronic system for processing your Vietnam visa (business visa or tourist visa) upon arrival at international airports in the country. From now on, you can get your Vietnam visa fast and simple without having to send your passport to the Vietnam embassy. Please note that this system works at the airport only.

How does the electronic visa Vietnam or Vietnam Visa Online system work?

It is very easy to get visa Vietnam on arrival at the airport with 3 steps:

1. Firstly, ask for a visa pre-approved letter for picking up your visa to Vietnam upon arrival at any international airports in Vietnam. You can get this visa pre-approved letter from any travel agent or partner in Vietnam or Send the form online of your passport details via this website. It takes 2 minutes for filling.

2. Secondly, You settle the payment of 20 USD/person for Vietnam visa service fee. Then we will proceed Vietnam visa approval letter for you and send it to you by email. Some urgent case, we can send you by fax or email in 30 min after you send us your passport details.

3. Finally, print out the pre-approved letter and attach two (2) passport-size photos (4x6cm) for boarding the airplane. Upon arrival at any international airport in Vietnam, show the pre-approved letter for checking at the “Landing Visa Counter” then pay the stamped fee of 25 USD/person for single entry Vietnam visa, or 50 USD/person for multiple entries Visa Vietnam. Visa-vietnam.vn takes you within 5-10 minutes to get Vietnam visa stamped on your passport by Vietnamese immigration officers at the airports.

The electronic Vietnam visa system or Visa Vietnam Online makes your trip easy and saves your time.

Enjoy your trip in Vietnam By Visa Vietnam Online Systerm.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-07-16

The fee at embassy has increased to £44 in July, I had to wait a week for my visa to arrive.

some of my friends suggest visa online at (vietnam visa), however, I heard that after I got the visa at the embassy.

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-11-25

I always recommend people the online visa service, it is much more easier than applying yourself at Vietnam Embassy. My relatives and a number of friend have tried http://evietnamvisa.com , it is reliable agent. Just want people to know about it not wasting too much time to search for an agent.

Rank

Joined 2012-12-05

No worries. For such that case, you can apply online for Vietnam visa code from Thailand.
Vietnam visa code is actually a letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Office. This letter will enable you to get your visa stamped at Vietnam Embassy with ease.
What makes difference between getting Vietnam visa directly at Vietnam Embassy and applying for Vietnam visa code and then pick up visa later at Vietnam Embassy?
Yes, it is totally different. With Vietnam visa code service, you only need to apply online through a Vietnam visa service website. It is much more convenient in comparison with going back and forth to Vietnam Embassy to do all the procedure or sending your original passport via postal mail, which takes a risk of losing your passport on the way. Moreover, the total cost for Vietnam visa code service is much cheaper than that of Vietnam Embassy.
What to do to get Vietnam visa code?
When you are on a Vietnam visa website, just fill in a secure online application form and pay the service fee. After 2 working days, you will receive an approval code letter via email. Then you only need to print out the letter and bring it to the chosen Vietnam Embassy near your living to get your visa stamped.
For more information about Vietnam visa code and how to apply online, please check out https://www.immivietnamvisa.com/apply-online/

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 859

Joined 2010-09-07

I read in my guidebook about the online code system that the poster above has mentioned. That also seems a good way of doing it. Especially if you are travelling by air from another country whilst travelling… Thailand or Laos, saves going to the embassy.

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2012-07-11

We used http://www.evivatour.com/vietnam_visas/ which is a reputable company used by many people here. It depends on how many flights arrive at the same time but it took us only about 15 minutes.

And My daughter and I will visit HCMC for one week during Christmas holidays. We applied visa through official Vietnamese governement site (?) (http://www.vietnamvisa.org.vn). Provided passport information, paid fee with credit card ($ 34 USD for 2), and received a reply in two days (with stamped letter). All I have to do is to pick up the visa at the airport by showing the letter.

Rank

Joined 2013-07-29

You know it’s not necessary to move in an other country to obtain your visa. you can ask an approval letter on a website. For example I used this website to obtain my approval letter for the Vietnamese visa:  http://www.vietnamvisaonentry.com/

If you use Internet to ask an approval letter, you’ll receive an email with the approval letter and after you should to print it, when it’s done you show your approval letter at the Vietnamese airport and they will stamp your visa.