Hair removal whilst travelling - what to do??

Post Reply New Thread

Hair removal whilst travelling - what to do??

Rank

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2011-06-20

Hello ladies (and any stray guys who have wandered on over here),

I was just wandering what you all did/do/will do for hair removal? Legs, arms, underarms and eyebrows are all pretty straight forward but what about the pesky areas of your body where you don’t want stray hairs showing, like your upper lip and bikini line? Bikini line is a no-no for shaving as it itches like crazy! Same applies for the upper lip (although the reason being because I don’t think I’d like the 5 o’clock shadow on my face, it’s not the look I’m going for either!).

I don’t want to bleach my upper-lip as golden hair is just as bad as black hair. Any tips on how to travel without turning into a yeti man-like creature??

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 6023

Joined 2007-04-07

just grow a moustache you will stilll look hot. :D

or usally palces to get waxed

i shave my armpits

Total Posts: 2534

Joined 2006-07-14

deodorant and a lighter!

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2006-05-30

Wax, theres places everywhere these days and they’re not bad. I got my bikini done in thailand and it was (a tad intimate) but otherwise fine!!

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2011-04-29

I normally get everything waxed before I leave-lasts a good three/four weeks on my legs before I have to shave and I take a tube of sensitive hair removal cream for the delicate areas when I’m away.

Total Posts: 1923

Joined 2008-04-17

Just get waxed!
I’ve had waxes in Thailand and Vietnam, and they’re fine. The same as I would get at home. Except cheaper!

Rank

Joined 2011-06-20

just grow a moustache you will stilll look hot. :D

I’m contemplating growing a handlebar moustache but this would mean I’d have to take wax to shape it (no point in having a handlebar moustache if you’re not going to shape it into interesting shapes, like a flamingo or something). So I might not.

Same goes for the lighter and deo combo - would be good except it might also burn my eyebrows off and make me bald if my hair catches on fire. But I’ll take it into consideration anyway.

Thanks for assuring me about waxing salons - phew!

Rank

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2011-04-04

Take some of the DIY wax strips with you. Easy to pack and you can get the small ones for bikini areas etc… Then - Do it yourself! smile (although the bikini area can be somewhat painful as I probably dont have the same expertise as a salon!!)

Rank

Joined 2011-06-20

That’s a good idea. I’ve tried using the DIY ones at home though and they give all the pain but non of the hair hair gets removed. Fail :( maybe I’m not using the right brand or something.

Rank

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2011-04-04

You should dust your legs with talcum powder first. Makes the hairs stick to the wax! Also - make sure the hairs are long enough or it wont work!!! smile Once you get the hang of it - it doesnt take long and its not really very painful.

Rank

Joined 2011-06-20

Ahhh powder! That’s a good tip, thanks! It’s not the pain I’m too worried about (I normally thread!) but it’s just dead annoying when you think you’ve pulled the buggers out and NOPE! they’re still on your face, and you’ve gone through the pain for nothing.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 386

Joined 2011-07-19

I’ve had waxes in Thailand and Vietnam, and they’re fine. The same as I would get at home. Except cheaper!

Are there alot of places that will do waxing in Thailand and Vietnam? smile x

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 386

Joined 2011-07-19

Are there alot of places that will do waxing in Thailand and Vietnam? smile x

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 272

Joined 2011-06-07

Veet!! :D

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 288

Joined 2011-01-29

Veet!! :D

Veet stinks!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 272