Cancelling On hostelbookers??

Post Reply New Thread

Cancelling On hostelbookers??

Rank

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2007-05-27

Hi ive boOked a place with hostelbookers and have país the servíce charge with my card. Im thinking if i find a better Place i wont show up. Has anyone ever done this? Will i get charged by the first place if i dont show up??

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 570

Joined 2010-03-01

You need to check what it says on the hostel page. Some of the hostels charge you if you do not cancel two or more days before so you would lose a nights accomodation cost.

Rank

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2007-05-27

Weird…...the hostel page says the charge full amount. Does that mean they get my card info from hostelbookers and charge my card if i dont show up?? Dont like that…. Cant cancel now…shit!

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 570

Joined 2010-03-01

I think it means they get Hostelbookers to charge you if you do not turn up. I had to cancel a hostel with them when I had an emergency and couldnt attend. I emailed the hostel directly and informed them that I couldnt make it and they were fine about it. Because I told them in advance they were happy not to charge me so you could try that tack?

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 2534

Joined 2006-07-14

Email the hostel and cancel the booking, you will lose your booking fee but wont be charged for the stay. Unless you cancel it less than a day before, sometimes up to three times before.

If you dont show up they will charge you the full amount from the card details on hostelbookers. Which is fair considering they are keeping a room for you and could otherwise rent it out!

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-08-23

I find it’s always a bad idea to book online, for just this reason. It’s so easy to just show up at a place, I hardly ever reserve in advance and when I do, I never pay in advance. These websites are just a money grab.