2013! Company needed! :)

Post Reply New Thread

2013! Company needed! :) 

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-08-07

Hi guys, I’m sasha

So my gap year starts from the summer of next year but i think i will need till around Jan/Feb 2013 to get the money together and then be off for at least six months…

basically Asia is the place in mind, especially Thailand but there is literally so many places in the world I want to go, I’m up for anywhere really!

the main issue for me is being a solo female, so for this reason i have been looking at tours, to be safer and a garantee that i will meet people and be able to spend my time with like-minded people throughout my trip. although i am not totally convinced about the tours, my idea of travelling is endind up in unexpected places rather than having a detailed itineray set out from the begin so i dont know if the tours are for me really -this is why i need friends to travel with!!!!

so if there is anyone out there looking to travel 2013 (i know its ages away but wanna get the ball rolling) feel free to get in touch with your plans so we could maybe think about travelling together or meeting up somewhere along the way… or even if you just have some advice about being a solo female traveller it would be a great help!!!!!

Just wanna get out there and see the world!! smile

Sash smile

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-12-01

You could do a tailor made tour, then you’re calling the shots and telling them where you want to go.

Footsteps in Asia has an option for this kind of thing. They are very reasonably priced too. They usually wholesale their tours to bigger companies like G Adventures and Exodus who mark them up and sell them on. However, they’re re-branding themselves and selling their tours at the same price as they wholesale them at.

Worth a look at least I reckon smile ..Good luck!

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-08-07

I’ll be sure to check that one out, thanks for the help!!! smile

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2011-10-17

I found Thailand really easy for a solo female. So many backpackers in Bangkok.

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-12-01

Heya,

I’m also on a gap year next year, and was planning on going to SE Asia probably around early 2013 for a few months and would love to go with a group of people.

Vicky :D

Rank

Joined 2011-12-01

Heya Claire,

What plans did you have? I’d love to do maybe four months in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand, from Jan- April ish. I’m really up for going to a full moon party, doing a PADI course (although I’ve never scuba dived before) And heading off the beaten track a bit. But I’m happy to just turn up with a backpack and a guidebook and see what happens.

Thanks,

Vicky :D

Rank

Joined 2011-12-26

Hey.

Im thinking about travelling at that time too and that was also my issue about being a solo female. This is my first time travelling and im up for anything and going anywhere, would feel alot safer and secure with a bunch of like-minded people too smile

Paige.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-03-02

2013 is the year I’ll be going too, havnt put allot of thought into it yet but would like to start planning something with a bunch of people smile

Gimme a shout, I’ll be up for anything smile !

Will x

Rank

Joined 2011-12-01

Hiya guys,

I’m really glad there’s quite a few people interested :D
Maybe we could set up a facebook group some time closer to the date?? So we can find out what everyone wants to do smile

Thanks guys :D

Vicky
xx

Rank

Joined 2012-02-27

Hey. I was planning on going next year september ish time.
there’s a really cool foundation centre called ‘father ray’ and its completely free (because its not an agency)
if any of you are into working with under priviliged
i’ll be 18 on time of visit, and a little apprehensive.
but open for options and would love to go with a group!!

Jess xxx

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-03-20

hey anyone planning to visit fiji???

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 293

Joined 2011-02-16

Hey smile
I’m going SE asia in feb time, one of my friends is on about it but if she doesn’t i’ll be going alone. Can always join us for some of the trip? Even if you just want someone to start with. Just send me a message smile

Rank

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-02-16

Hey, we are are doing the 30 day Indochina Discovery tour (from G Adventures, booked with STA) on 22nd January 2013 then staying in Thailand for a couple of weeks after to do scuba diving and check out the islands before flying to Oz. Be cool to meet up with some people if anyone is interested.. Nathan & Jamie

RankRank

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2007-08-28

how long you going for!? I will HOPEFULLY be in SE Asia early June 2013 !

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 293

Joined 2011-02-16

I’m hopefully going for about 6months. So i’ll still be there in June!

RankRank

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2007-08-28

i love all the “hopefullys” dotted around.

Hopefully we can arrange to meet!!!