TEFL/TESOL certification from Global Language Training

Post Reply New Thread

TEFL/TESOL certification from Global Language Training

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2010-07-08

Sound any good?

Its a course that’s a 150-hour online Master Course that will apparently certify you to teach English in classrooms all over the world.

Has anyone done this or anything like this?
Any advice to give? smile

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 149

Joined 2009-11-24

it does cetify you to teach people in a classroom but lots of schools will look for a classroom based qualification, there are better people on here for tefl who will be able to give you a more detailed asnwer

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4626

Joined 2002-12-31

As Rhodri said, any schools that are bothered about a TEFL qualification will want one that included classroom experience during the training.

It all depends on which country you want to teach in. Tell us.

Also, do you have a degree?

Rank

Joined 2010-07-08

Thanks for the replies people smile

yeh I guess experience would be better, totally didnt think of that… although thinking of it now is pretty obvious haha.

I think South America mainly, specifically Colombia or Brazil.
And yes I have a degree in biomedical science. Ive read some countries only grant a work visa for this if you have a degree?!

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4626

Joined 2002-12-31

Xkirstyxbx - 12 January 2012 01:32 AM

Thanks for the replies people smile

yeh I guess experience would be better, totally didnt think of that… although thinking of it now is pretty obvious haha.

I think South America mainly, specifically Colombia or Brazil.
And yes I have a degree in biomedical science. Ive read some countries only grant a work visa for this if you have a degree?!

Yeah all of them require degrees officially, but in the countries with massive demand like China, they will find a way around it.

Anyway no worries, as you have one!

From what I understand, you can definitely teach EFL in those countries you mentioned. However you don’t get some of the perks that you get from teaching in Asia. For example, you won’t find jobs there that pay for your flights to and from the UK. Also, it’s hard to find jobs on the net in S.America… the best thing to do is turn up and look for work, which means taking enough money to support yourself till you can work.

It could be your lucky day though, as a poster on here that rarely comes on here any more (Euster) has taught in Colombia for years now. I could put you in touch with him if you like. He may be able to assist you in finding work there.

Rank

Joined 2010-07-08

Yeh Ive been on a few sites and wooow the China jobsites are so full! If all else fails I’ll head over there haha.

And yep I think you are right so far Ive not found anything for S.America! :( I suppose getting the money to set me up over there would just take me a bit longer to save but I can live with that.

And yes please thats great!  Thanks so much for taking the time to help smile

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-05-06

Hi!

Can anyone of you share your experience with global language training? I really want to know.smile
Thank you in advance smile