So many options on routes not sure what to do

Post Reply New Thread

So many options on routes not sure what to do

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 139

Joined 2011-04-04

Hi i have been planning my trip for ages but really unsure what do.  I kno where i want to go and what my budget is going to be but unsure to wether to work or not.

What option would you choose if you had to choose one

Option 1: travel Thailand,Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam for 6 weeks, work in Oz for 6 months, travel Fiji for 3 weeks, work in Nz for 6 months and travel America for 3 months

Option 2:  travel Thailand,Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam for 6 weeks, work in Oz for 12 months, travel Fiji for 3 weeks, travel Nz for 3 months and travel America for 3 months

Option 3: travel Thailand,Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam for 6 weeks, travel Oz for 3 months, travel Fiji for 3 weeks, travel Nz for 3 months and travel America for 3 months

I have read on here that it is harder to get jobs in Nz and that working in Oz is probably better.

Paula

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 859

Joined 2010-09-07

I would do option 2.

Can’t give you any personal experience because I havent been travelling yet, but if I had to pick I’d go for that one.

Rank

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2011-02-13

I’d say option two as well, except, do you think 6 weeks will be enough for what you want to see in four countries?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-10-31

Option 2 sounds soooooooooooooooooo cool. It’s basically what I want to do! I say just go out there and do it!

RankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-04

Thank you. I’m more swaying for option 2 aswell was just wanting advice from someone that has done it.

With the regards to six weeks being enough im doing a tour that last for 30 days so I will be spending a week before and after the tour exploring.  The tour seems to cover all the areas that I was looking at going to anyway

Thank everyone for your replies

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 859

Joined 2010-09-07

Which tour are you doing out of interest?

RankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-04

its the grand indochina circle with footsteps in asia

Rank

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2012-02-05

Hey Paula; I will throw another one in for option 2. If you have the time to do this (as I am sure you have if its an option!) then hopefully you can save up some money to be able to make the most of the travel around NZ Fiji and America… the USA is particular can get very expensive!

Sounds like a fantasic trip, bet you are making a lot of people here jealous wink when is it that you are planning on heading off?

RankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-04

hi sorry my internet has been down.

Iv done 3 months in America before so wont to go visit the states that iv not seen.  I’m really swaying towards option 2.

All my friends are very jealous of me

Im planning on going late 2013 to give me time to save up

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1136

Joined 2009-03-17

In my opinion I didn’t find the USA any more expensive than OZ or NZ? If anything, it was a little cheaper?I guess it depends where you go and what you’re doing, but transport costs are similar, plus food (albeit bad for you most the time) is cheaper than OZ/NZ….?I don’t know, maybe that’s just me…!

I’ll also say Option 2 as well. To be honest, once you get on the road, meet people, have fun etc…your plans will generally change anyway, so just do the tour, get to OZ, find work, have fun…then see what you feel like doing after. =) Flights can always be altered, it just depend on what you’re willing to pay wink

What states you thinking of visiting?If i’ve been I can maybe offer recommendations?
I’m heading back to OZ on saturday but i’ll be back in the uk in september and by that point i’ll have been to every country on your list, so hopefully I can help you out a bit more!

(PS- 3 months in NZ will be epic)

When in 2013 are you setting off? Having 18-24 months to save (more than you need) is the best way to go about it =)

RankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-04

Hi nikki

I have only been to the us and Europe so not really got anything to compare it to.  I did a tour around the states with trek America and spent a fortune.

I plan on going back to California and Nevada and to Idaho, montana, south Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, new York.

Any advice on any places that im goin to would be awesome.

I’m goin dec 2013 to give me plenty of time to save

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-09-30

In My views Option 2 will be the better option. A RTW trip is your ticket to seek an adventure of a lifetime and undergo a sea of change and experience different things that life has to offer. You Don’t need to worry about the budget and trip management. In my you shouls take help from Round the World Flights. There experts will help you to plan your RTW trip.