Hair dye??

Post Reply New Thread

Hair dye??

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2012-01-28

Hii, I was just wondering what your travelling girls do about hair whilst travelling I dye mine and have done since I was younger. Can you dye your hair in hostels or what?? Lol I don’t want to have to pay for a hairdresser all the time plus four months I’m going to be in Asia and have no idea if I can hairdye out there I know this sounds pretty vein bt I love my hair haha.
What have you been doing whilst on your travels?

Rank

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2010-01-02

Tori.bradley - 25 June 2012 02:18 PM

Hii, I was just wondering what your travelling girls do about hair whilst travelling I dye mine and have done since I was younger. Can you dye your hair in hostels or what?? Lol I don’t want to have to pay for a hairdresser all the time plus four months I’m going to be in Asia and have no idea if I can hairdye out there I know this sounds pretty vein bt I love my hair haha.

To be honest you sound ridiculously vain. If you can’t put aside the colour of your hair for a few months and enjoy yourself then maybe traveling isn’t for you - if your hair is more important. Ditto for people who take straighteners.

It isn’t even GOOD for your hair - take a break.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 339

Joined 2010-02-07

I think thats a bit rude, if she wants to dye her hair why shouldnt she?? What a stupid opinion to tell someone if they have to dye their hair then travelling isn for them.

If you are travelling in Asia, you will prob be in normal rooms as opposed to hostels so as long as you could find dye you could do it in there, or everyting in asia is cheap of course so just go to a hairdresser.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 305

Joined 2011-05-08

Becki2013 - 04 September 2012 12:31 AM

To be honest you sound ridiculously vain. If you can’t put aside the colour of your hair for a few months and enjoy yourself then maybe traveling isn’t for you - if your hair is more important. Ditto for people who take straighteners.

Geez and you’re calling Lunny rude….
You might want to think about changing your profile to be a bit less misleading..

“More About Me:Funny, Loud, Up for anything!” I guess we’ve seen the “loud”.. but the rest.. hrmm..

I’m addicted to hair dye but in 10 months only dyed my hair about 3x. (which may sound like loads to some.. but Im sure you know thats nothing!!)... found some $2 hair dye in Mexico and did it at a hostel… you’ll be a bit too busy/occupied with other things to worry about it too much! But its defo easy enough to do.

Also, I’m glad I had my straightners. Didn’t use them much but hey it’s my bag, my straighteners, my hair, my trip…. judge not….

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 180

Joined 2010-01-24

A girl I met brought a decent amount of dye along with her. She did however run out but managed to find good quality stuff in Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand I can’t remember now. Cheap as welll. Oh and she died it red which I guess wouldn’t be as popular

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 583

Joined 2009-01-07

Why can’t you all just stop arguing and be friends???? (or at least have a proper slanging match/physical punch up for my amusement!).

In all honesty in SE Asia you do end up caring a lot less about your appearence than you normally do. Sun makes oyur skin a bit healthier and can change the colour of your hair so may not even need to dye it. Take a pot with you and see how you go - try not to spill a load on the floor of your room though otherwise they may charge you!

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2012-01-28

im really not vein my only vice is hair dye, im not even bothered about makeup or starigtners i was just generally wondering if it can be done as ive never been travelling before. if i cant get it its not the end of the world lol.
thanks for the replys guys smile
kiwi_hayley well said your trip your rules.
its good to know ill be able to get it and do it if not all the time then some.

Rank

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2011-05-19

hi girls

ive always had bleached blonde hair and have opted to dye it brown for the duration of my asia trip due to the fact a. u should never really do blonde yourself and b. hairdressers in thailand use stronger peroxides due to naturally dark features than our hair could stand!

im sure theres plenty of box dyes but honestly its cheap enough to have a thai hairdresser do it.. my good friend tells me as long as u can communicate well enough that is!

if u choose to box dye id gladly help/theres plenty of travelling girls that would help u do the back etc!

also im taking straighteners despite the fact i only use them on special occasions!
its my only treat going in the bag!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 339

Joined 2010-02-07

Hey Claire!

Just though id warn you iv bleached my hair a couple of times and dyed over it and it fades away over time to a sort of brassy colour and this process is sped up like crazy in the sun.
I was a complete ginger after a month in South Carolina! So youl prob have to take a trip to the hairdressers when over there smile

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2007-02-25

GO OMBRE! Solves everything. Dark roots look deliberate.

If not, if think it depends where you’re going. It is hard in Asia as they use different chemicals. But Australia is super easy - I dyed my hair in hostels all the time.

The backpacker nazis may judge you but don’t listen - at the end of the day, you’ll feel better about yourself and have a better time.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 305

Joined 2011-05-08

Kara8188 - 13 October 2012 11:36 AM

GO OMBRE! Solves everything. Dark roots look deliberate.

THIS

I love me some ombr√©! Mines finally fading back out after I used my $3 Mexican dye over it… Then once I get paid I’m going to need to get it fixed…

I did mine originally at home on Canada but got so many compliments… It stopped me from getting bored w my hair and wanting to dye it every 2 seconds… And yep no maintenance!!!!!

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-01-27

Becki2013 - 04 September 2012 12:31 AM

Can’t get over how rude this response is to this seemingly lovely girl who is asking a very simple question. Who are you to say travelling isn’t for her all on the basis that the girl wants to keep on top of her roots whilst away!!? Maybe she’s self conscious about them? It certainly doesn’t make her ‘vein’ or ‘ill-suited to travelling’ at all and i think the fact that you’ve accused her of both is extremely distasteful to be honest. You should know if you’re a traveler that traveling is all about acceptance and open-mindedness!! What one person finds important another might not… we are all individuals and that’s one of the beauties of travel: meeting diverse people. I hope as you continue to travel you can become more compassionate and understanding as these are essential qualities which travel can bring out in us all. grin