Is the Galapagos worth it?

Post Reply New Thread

Is the Galapagos worth it?

Rank

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2012-02-09

Hey guys,

Can anyone who has been to the Galapagos Islands please get in touch? I’m currently in Guayaquil and trying to decide if I should fork out probably 1200 USD or more! The other option could be a fun trip to Columbia!

Stu smile

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 386

Joined 2011-07-19

Never been to either but from what I’ve read/seen pictures of, go with Colombia wink

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2004-05-30

I’ve been to Colombia and enjoyed it a lot. Haven’t been to Galapagos, but imagine it’s very different from most of Colombia. It depends what you like really? If you are big into animals/conservation etc head to Galapagos.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-01-17

I spent 6 days on a small cruise boat in the Galapagos in 2011 and it was an amazing experience. If you enjoy hiking, beaches, snorkeling, and incredible wildlife it is a great option. I can never replace the feeling of swimming with wild sea lions and seeing a 150 old giant tortoise on a hike. So many species and they have no fear of humans. Sharks, killer whales, iguanas.. you really get to see it all.

Quito and Guayaquil are also a great cities to visit before or after the Galapagos