Grand Prix..

Post Reply New Thread

Grand Prix..

Rank

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2008-10-20

Me and my other half will be landing in singapore in september…just in time for the grand prix. Does anybody know of hostels which would be good to stay in i.e. near the track.

I realise some places might put their prices right up around this time but just need an idea.

thanks!

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 2534

Joined 2006-07-14

Marie-clare - 18 January 2013 10:49 AM

I realise some places might put their prices right up around this time but just need an idea.

replace some with all

Rank

Joined 2008-10-20

ok, i realise everything will be more expensive!

Boyfriend is a huge F1 fan and has wanted to go since forever.

still looking into everything at the moment so any ideas of hostels to look up etc would be useful smile

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 429

Joined 2011-09-07

Try hostelbookers, as you can sort results on a map view, therefore seeing the distance from the grand prix

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1137

Joined 2009-03-17

Hostels are so hit and miss in SG, I’ve stayed in 3 and would only return to one of them:

http://www.wokehomehostel.com/

We were there about a week before the F1 last year- prices are expensive here regardless of when you go. This place isn’t the cheapest, but it was amazingly clean, the staff were lovely, very secure, free breakfast and drinks/juice 24 hours, free laundry, free wifi….etc.

It’s in the Clarke Quay area- from memory it’s not right by the track, but it’s so quick and easy to get around there, so make sure you weigh up your options smile

Rank

Joined 2008-10-20

thankyou! will check that one out!

my boyfriends dad will be meeting us there so hopefully will help out with the cost - hopefully!! lol

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 138

Joined 2013-01-05

Hi,

Me and my GF will be in Singapore from 19th September for the Weekend on the first stop of our RTW trip.

By chance it was the GP weekend which we didn’t realise, but I’m happy! smile

We have booked here:

http://www.5footwayinn.com/links/project-boat-quay.html

Pretty pricey, but has good reviews, a roof top terrace and very close to the track.

Have you booked yours now?

Rob

Rank

Joined 2008-10-20

yes were in the YMCA, Orchard Rd! ,again pretty pricey but were there with his dad as well so he didn’t want a dorm!

were there 18th-24th so we may see you about!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 138

Joined 2013-01-05

Marie-clare - 18 July 2013 07:23 PM

were there 18th-24th so we may see you about!

Yes indeed! Have an awesome time!