how to travel with low budget

Post Reply New Thread

how to travel with low budget

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-02-26

Hi there, I am travelling with very low budget and sometimes when my money runs out, it really drives me crazy but I don’t want that fact to stop me from travelling, what do you think about making money when travel, is there any methods that can help us to save money when travel, what do you think? smile

Cheers

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 583

Joined 2009-01-07

Prostitution?

Rank

Joined 2013-02-26

except for that

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-28

there are so many ways to travel with low budget, u can work on the cruise ship, waitress, or the best way is use the travel websites to stay with local or something

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 518

Joined 2011-02-18

Hey Lonelynomadic,

Check out these articles. They should help you with what you’re after. If not then PM me and I’ll be able to help you out.

http://www.gapyear.com/articles/121033/how-to-save-money-for-your-travels

http://www.gapyear.com/articles/121028/cheap-travel-tips

http://www.gapyear.com/articles/177616/travel-on-a-budget

The last is the best one.

Cheers,

Macca

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 124

Joined 2009-11-30

How do you live on a low budget in general? Stay at cheap digs, buy poorer quality or discounted food, do any job you can find and don’t spend money on non-essential items

If you’re wanting to make money while travelling, try a WHV in say Canada, Australia or NZ. You need to have $5000 (I believe) to pass the loosely enforced entry requirements in Australia for example but if you’re coming with much less than that then I’d strongly advise you to consider saving a bit longer as its not uncommon to struggle to find work initially and you only get one shot at the WHV.

Rank

Joined 2013-02-26

hey there, that really help a lot, thanks for your advice

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-03-02

that’s not possible, u should save money before travelling man

Rank

Joined 2013-02-28

check it out the 42 ways to make money when travelling of Wander earl, it may help :D

Rank

Joined 2013-02-28

just found a new site might can help you to save money, check it out
budget travel

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3928

Joined 2007-06-25

Totally unrelated but lots of you guys are without a profile photo! Don’t be such teases, let us see your beautiful faces and get your profiles completed so we can learn more about you!

Lexi

Rank

Joined 2013-02-28

take it easy sir, the picture cannot be uploaded properly :(

Total Posts: 3928

Joined 2007-06-25

Sir? I’m female. What problems are you having with uploading photos? Let us know and we can help.

P.S. I wasn’t directing my comment just at you, no need to take it personally - it’s not like I was telling you off!!

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-11-04

worldinpocket - 14 March 2013 05:58 PM

just found a new site might can help you to save money, check it out
budget travel

has anyone got experience of using this site? its only has a 49% online trust rating and nobody seems to have any reviews

i think ill stay clear of this one unless i hear some more about it

Total Posts: 1136

Joined 2009-03-17

In Thailand they have these silver machines where you can fill up bottles of water- probably not recommend for westerners to drink but we did- saved us about £2 a day and used far less plastic bottles!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 180

Joined 2010-07-28

*nikki180188* - 11 November 2013 10:03 PM

In Thailand they have these silver machines where you can fill up bottles of water- probably not recommend for westerners to drink but we did- saved us about £2 a day and used far less plastic bottles!

That’s handy to know.
Are they everywhere?

I guess it wouldn’t be a problem with water purification tablets anyway.

What did you put it in? Did you take a hydration pack or anything or just a coke bottle or something you had picked up whilst out there?