Has anyone used Alpha Travel Insurance?

Post Reply New Thread

Has anyone used Alpha Travel Insurance?

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 147

Joined 2012-02-19

Looking ay getting some Backpacker travel insurance and came across the above compnay. I got an online quote for £150 which seems to be the cheapest i have found so far and with only a £60 excess.

I highly doubt ill ever use the insurance but its better to have it. So has anyone used this compnay before? Would you recommend them or have you had issue with them?

RankRankRank

Joined 2012-02-19

Just done it again for 365 days and £60 excess and was only £120

The cover is as follows

If you are unable to go on your trip
£1,000

If you choose to cancel after a 24 hour delay
£1,000

If you need emergency medical attention
£10,000,000

If you have to come home early
£250

If your possessions are lost stolen or damaged
£1,000

Clothes and footwear
£1,000

Cosmetics and toiletries
£100

Luggage
£250

Eyewear
£100

Single article limit
£100

Personal liability
£1,000,000

If you need legal advice
£10,000

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 429

Joined 2011-09-07

That all sounds sweet, as long as you take nothing more valuable than £100, such as smartphone, tablet etc.

£250 also isn’t going to go far flying you home early, however if it was important enough to come home the cost is probably insignificant, and the £250 will atleast lessen the financil blow.

A couple of things to check are a) if you can extend the policy whilst travelling, if plans change etc and b) if it covers from england-england, as my insurance for my first trip was only valid if i returned to england before it finished. This trip however I don’t plan on having insurance for Aus, as i’ll just get medical insurance there, so i need a policy that doesn’t require my return to the UK.

Also check extreme sports cover obviously

I’ve not used this company but i’ve seen their quotes quite often, and they seem reputable.

RankRankRank

Joined 2012-02-19

Well ill have a netbook but i could get that insured seperatley?

Theres no mention of it covering from England to England, just simply it will run out aftert he 365 days

I just thought that its cheap and i doubt ill use it only really incase on me getting injured and going to hospital

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 429

Joined 2011-09-07

Yeah you’ll be able to get cheap international insurance for a netbook.

Hopefully you won’t have to claim for anything!

RankRankRank

Joined 2012-02-19

Well fingers crossed i wont have to claim for anything but no matter how careful sometimes you cannot stop something. Btw thanks for the help Lucy smile