Travel Buddy(s) for Australia 2014?

Post Reply New Thread

Travel Buddy(s) for Australia 2014?

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2013-06-26

Planning on going to Oz around March/April 2014 but I’m a little scared of going alone! If anyone else is going around about this time and is in the same boat as me I’d love to chat to you guys and see if we can arrange even just the start of our trips together. Just drop me a message!

Thanks, Fiona x

Rank

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2013-07-01

hey im in the exact same boat as you, ive been doing loads of research and constantly trying to plan what im going to do and go but its seems all to hard alone, would you be interested in buddying up for travels, i was planning on leaving in april too.

Rank

Joined 2013-06-26

Yeah if all goes to plan I’d love to meet people to buddy up with! I’ve been looking into Ultimate Oz as well though for the first week but I’m not sure yet, depends how many people I can maybe meet up with through this… Not really got many plans yet I just kind of want to go with the flow and see what happens

Rank

Joined 2013-07-01

oh i think ive heard of thay ultimate oz thing, this website seems to be good for finding possibly travel buddies. was you planning to work whilst on your travels, im heading to thailand in december for a month too. i dont even know where to start in australia its soo big lol

Rank

Joined 2013-06-26

I’m getting a working holiday visa just incase I run low on money lol but hopefully won’t need too… I’m just planning on doing the east coast, really want to do Thailand and Fiji too but I’m not too sure yet, how long you going to Thailand for?

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-07-01

Hey I’m planning on getting to Australia around mid March time, I’m hoping to travel around for a bit first and then work so would be more than happy to meet/travel with people! smile

Rank

Joined 2013-07-01

thats great, its so hard to plan australia as its so big and has so much to do, ive done some research however on where to go at what times of year.im a qualified plumber, i know the pay is amazing in oz but our nvq’s mean nothing over there and so more certification needs to be done, fruit picking and bar work tends to be the best jobs for backpackers. it would be great to meet like minded people and share the experience with, also its safer and more enjoyable. where abouts in england are you from?

Rank

Joined 2013-07-01

fionaxci - 01 July 2013 10:21 PM

I’m getting a working holiday visa just incase I run low on money lol but hopefully won’t need too… I’m just planning on doing the east coast, really want to do Thailand and Fiji too but I’m not too sure yet, how long you going to Thailand for?

im going for a month, then back to london, then off to oz in april, fiji and new zealand are supposed to be amazing my mate just got back and said its a must do, it all depends on how i get on with money.

Rank

Joined 2013-06-26

Yeah I would definitely love to go to Fiji it looks beaut! And I’d be more than happy to meet up with anyone from here if they’re up for it smile and I’m from Glasgow

Rank

Joined 2013-07-01

fionaxci - 02 July 2013 06:58 PM

Yeah I would definitely love to go to Fiji it looks beaut! And I’d be more than happy to meet up with anyone from here if they’re up for it smile and I’m from Glasgow

im so excited to go now. im happy to meet people from here too.  have you been given your visa for Australia? would we ned one for new zealand and fiji? im from london.

Rank

Joined 2013-06-26

Nah not even got my visa yet haha going to get it in the next few weeks though have you got yours?  And you need one for NZ it’s about £100 i think but you don’t need one for Fiji

Rank

Joined 2013-07-01

fionaxci - 03 July 2013 03:09 PM

Nah not even got my visa yet haha going to get it in the next few weeks though have you got yours?  And you need one for NZ it’s about £100 i think but you don’t need one for Fiji

lol ive applied just waiting for them to confirm, you better get on that case then lol, does the new zealand visa work the same as the Australian working visa?

Rank

Joined 2013-06-26

Not really looked into working visas for NZ cause I’m only planning on travelling there not working, I’m guessing they will be similar though

Rank

Joined 2013-07-01

fionaxci - 04 July 2013 07:58 PM

Not really looked into working visas for NZ cause I’m only planning on travelling there not working, I’m guessing they will be similar though

ok, i havnt looked at new zealand at all but was wondering if you can stay there for a period of time without a visa.

Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2013-07-28

Hi guys

I’m planning to go to oz round march as well for three months, then new zeland for three months. I haven’t got anything booked yet but hopefully will be in the next few weeks. I’m going to book the ultimate oz trip as well as it looks so much fun.

I’m travelling alone and I’m very nervous about it so it would be great to meet some people with similar plans. Hope to here from you soon.

Thanks

Tiff x

Rank

Joined 2013-07-01

Hi guys
I’m planning to go to oz round march as well for three months, then new zeland for three months. I haven’t got anything booked yet but hopefully will be in the next few weeks. I’m going to book the ultimate oz trip as well as it looks so much fun.
I’m travelling alone and I’m very nervous about it so it would be great to meet some people with similar plans. Hope to here from you soon.
Thanks
Tiff x

hey tiff,
its always great to meet like minded people, have you got a any plans for Australia apart from the ultimate oz, i will be doing this too it looks amazing, have you got a visa sorted for oz and new zealand? i feel very excited but nervous at the same time lol. would be great to meet up, ive arranged to meet a few people before i go in march/april. x