Osprey Farpoint 70

Post Reply New Thread

Osprey Farpoint 70

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 180

Joined 2010-07-28

OK so it looks like I’m going to be getting the Osprey Farpoint 70 travel pack.

It seems out of all the rucksacks I’ve tried on it’s the most comfortable and after getting some advice the weekend about feeling the weight in my lower back when wearing it I was advised to expect that, as that’s where you are meant to feel it.

I’ve been reading reviews on the farpoint 70 and it seems most people only use it for short trips or a few months at a time. Has anyone used it for a RTW trip of 12 months or longer?

I’ve also read it’s not really suitable for hiking but I’m not sure what adventures / activities i’ll be getting up to whilst away but I do plan on doing some hiking. Most times it will be left in the hostel but I do intend to do the Inca trail (but think you have porters that carry your bags?) also planning on doing some hiking / home stays in Thailand staying with locals so guessing have to carry everything around with you then too.

My question is will this be suitable as it’s not a traditional rucksack but a travel pack?

It’s hard to know what I’ll be doing exactly.

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 859

Joined 2010-09-07

I am about to set off with the same rucksack for approx 9 months. It’s only ever spent a week abroad and did fine.

I’m also sure it will be a good enough bag for hiking - the main thing is that it is comfortable to carry - because if it’s not, that’s when you will have problems.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 180

Joined 2010-07-28

Oh wow where are you setting off to?

Hope you have an amazing time.

Would love to hear how you get on especially with the osprey if you end up logging on whilst on the rd in the next couple of months.

ENJOY!!!

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2014-04-27

Hi,

I went for the Osprey Farpoint 55 in the end, I was scared the 70 would be too big and I’d just fill it full of crap! After 2 months travelling I find its really comfortable and highly recommend it. Read my review here…

http://justrambleon.com/2014/03/28/rucksacks-the-osprey-farpoint-55/

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2006-05-30

I have the osprey farpoint 40, and I love it. So far its been perfect for every trip I’ve been on, and I love the fact it fits in hand luggage. I’ve managed with this for a month trip which incorporated both hot and cold climates - so I know I could use the same size bag for any trip, and just wash my clothes when I need to.

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2004-05-30

gem_lou84 - 26 January 2015 04:07 PM

I have the osprey farpoint 40, and I love it. So far its been perfect for every trip I’ve been on, and I love the fact it fits in hand luggage. I’ve managed with this for a month trip which incorporated both hot and cold climates - so I know I could use the same size bag for any trip, and just wash my clothes when I need to.

Ooh, I’m looking for a 30-40 litre backpack. You’d recommend this one then?

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2006-05-30

hdsimmons - 27 January 2015 12:36 PM
gem_lou84 - 26 January 2015 04:07 PM

Ooh, I’m looking for a 30-40 litre backpack. You’d recommend this one then?

Absolutely! For a small travel bag its perfect grin