Campervan/camping in Croatia

Post Reply New Thread

Campervan/camping in Croatia

Rank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2008-06-10

I’m going to be in Croatia for a week with a friend and I really want to get some sort of campervan however the only ones I’ve found are massive and really expensive.

Has anyone ever hired a small campervan for a reasonable price and if so, from where?

The other option is to hire a car and then just hire/buy a cheap tent. Has anyone ever done this? Does anyone know where I’d be able to buy a tent in Croatia?

The plan at the moment is to fly into Dubrovnik and then out of Zadar but I can be flexible with that.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Alice

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-08-17

Croatia is the best way to get to see Croatia, try Andy Miller , just compares prices of rv rental and some nice older vans that are cheap but take out extra cover to cover any excess..

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-07-06

Hey there,

I guess you already figured out what to do since the post is old.. but if you ll ever go to Croatia, or other neighboring countries try Lowriders Rental. We just got back for our 14 days long trip and had a great time - the mini camper is clean, well equipped and they also rent a bunch of extra camping gear.. so even if you dont decide for campervan, maybe you can just rent a camping equipment for them. The prices seem reasonable. We took the camper as it seemed like the best solution to be mobile and camp at the same time, and we loved it.. its good because it fits the category of a smaller personal car so the fees for ferries were small and also we could camp anywhere. Hope that helps!