Travelling Australia alone 2016

Post Reply New Thread

Travelling Australia alone 2016

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2015-05-10

Hey I’m Gemma 21, looking at going to Australia January 2016. I’ve never been travelling by myself before so would appreciate any info that anyone has. Would be nice to get to know some people doing the same thing as it can be quite scary doing it alone ! X

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2015-03-03

Hey Gemma,

I’m heading out in November this year, I’m going solo too. Are you planning on working or travelling around? I’m going to work in Melbourne for six months if I can and then backpack around after before heading home. Nikki x

Rank

Joined 2015-05-10

Hey, Yeah I’m planning on working over there too just haven’t thought about where or anything. Need to sort out getting a working holiday visa.. All abit confusing lol, the STA website is quite good. Where you thinking of going after when backpacking? X

Rank

Joined 2015-03-03

I got mine from here - http://www.immi.gov.au/Pages/Welcome.aspx.
Let me know if you need any help with it. It confused me too.
I really want to head to the gold coast when I backpack. I was thinking of heading to New Zealand and working over there on a working holiday visa and then backpacking home through Thailand smile x

Rank

Joined 2015-05-10

Thankyou! you going to look for a job once you get there?
Yeah the gold coast looks lovely. Surfers paradise is apparently a good place to go/stay
I was thinking of new Zealand and Thailand aswell smile
Have you booked your flight in November? x

Rank

Joined 2015-03-03

I think so, I’ve got family in Melbourne so I’m going to stay with them and job search. I fly on November the 16th. Do you know when you’re going to head out? I’m really excited to head to surfers paradise! I want to go now, Instead of being stuck at work x

Rank

Joined 2015-05-10

Aw it will be nice that you have somewhere to stay when you get there!
Im not looking to go until beginning of January i think, i would go earlier but thought ill have longer to save smile
Same I cant wait!! Need to book my flight then it will be be even more exciting, then i need to think about hostels ahh lol x

Rank

Joined 2015-03-03

I did that, I didn’t book mine till January so I had a few more months to save otherwise I would have liked to go in the summer.  Shall we email,  I always forget to check this site! x - .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-08-24

Try ozintro.com if you’re worried about travelling alone.  I did it a few years back and its awesome!  The whole east coast of oz is awesome (the whole country basically!), Sydney, Cairns, The Whitsundays and Fraser Island are particular highlights, all better than Surfers Paradise IMO.

New Zealand is also fantastic arguably better than oz, the scenery is out of this world!

I’d move to either in a heartbeat!! You’ll have a blast!!

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2015-02-03

Hey sorry to intrude haha I’m Verity and planning on going to australia in january but am pretty nervous to go alone. I was thinking about getting a job in Sydney for a couple of months then backpacking? I’m getting so confused about accommodation and where to find jobs - would you apply before you left? and also when working would you stay in a house share (if so where do you find one?!) or just in hostels?
x

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-07-28

Hey!

Just noticed your post im in the same boat as you smile

Where are you thinking of starting?

and where are you from in england smile

Would be great to chat

Rank

Joined 2015-08-05

I’m Planning on going in January, handed my notice into work today and booking my flight next Friday.

Was hoping to meet people who are leaving at a similar time before I fly out.

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-09-04

Hi there! I’m also thinking of traveling to Australia sometime in Jan/Feb. I just finished my A levels and just wanna take a break before going off to uni. I was planning on getting a working visa and perhaps working on a picking farm or bar as I don’t think I’ll be able to earn enough by January for all expenses. I live near Reading, England btw. I also feel it’s a bit daunting, and being able to plan and travel with others would make it a lot easier. I’ve got family friends in Adelaide but am happy to backpack pretty much anywhere near the east coast My email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and Facebook profile is Kwame Isaac Dogbe. A group chat on that would be quite useful.

Rank

Joined 2015-10-08

Hi I’m Vania and I’m thinking to fly to Oz by jan/feb next year. Would love to have travel mates so that we could take care of each other.
I have family in Melb but just want to stay independent when first arrived I guess. Does anybody else think of Perth sounds like a plan for first few months at Australia? Do drop me a message at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) smile

Rank

Joined 2015-10-13

Hi all,

I’m looking to travel to oz from Essex so looking to see if anyone else would also be leaving from near the Essex area and I will be travelling alone next year and would like to get in contact with people .

Shauna

X

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-10-16

Hey Guys

I have been over in Australia for nearly three years now and have been lucky enough to get sponsorship managing a travel shop for backpackers over here in Sydney.

I can help with anything from getting set up with free welcome packs that help with your tax file number, bank account set up, Australian Sim card and membership card to Peterpans Adventure Travel.

If you need any advice on where to travel, what to see and roughly budgets, estimated times for certain routes hit me up on skype because I can organise video calls, just chats or even email me and I can help.

I have travelled all of Australia, New Zealand and some of Asia so I am fairly confident I can give you some advice that you can benefit from.

email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

also join the facebook group Kings cross backbackers

it has up to date local deals, events, social nights, job info, and more!