Are there any cities that match this description?

Post Reply New Thread

Are there any cities that match this description?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-06-02

I want to go to England (looking into places to potentially move to), but I am not sure where to start, I do have some ideas about the type of place I would like to be in, so if anyone knows a place that fits this description, please share your wisdom!

1) Lots of Tudor Architecture (I just love the whole fairytale feel!)
2) Lots of Alternative Fashion (Goth, steampunk, Lolita, ect. I basically need to be able to wear a ball gown everyday and not get too many weird looks, lol)
3) an hour or less away from London or another MAJOR city (my driving sucks, so public transport is preferred, I already looked into Chester, because it is closer Manchester and Liverpool, but the housing options there are HORRIBLE)
4) good housing options (After all, I am visiting to see if I like the place enough to live there, it would be horrible to fall in love with a place, only to find out that there are no good homes for sale)

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-08-23

I don’t know about the housing situation, but have you looked into York? It has lots of amazing architecture, it’s a student city, so plenty of alternative fashion (people walk around in medieval garb a surprising amount), and there’s a train that gets you to London in a couple of hours.

Rank

Joined 2015-06-02

Dave - 02 June 2015 07:47 AM

I don’t know about the housing situation, but have you looked into York? It has lots of amazing architecture, it’s a student city, so plenty of alternative fashion (people walk around in medieval garb a surprising amount), and there’s a train that gets you to London in a couple of hours.

That sounds perfect actually! Last time I checked out York google said it was 7 hours from york to london though. But checking the train schedule, it would be perfect, so long as I can bring my laptop and get some work done on the train. Thank You! grin

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 378

Joined 2012-11-01

Great suggestion Dave. Make sure to check out Whitby while you’re there. They have loads of alternative nights and festivals because of the Dracula connection. It’s not far!

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-01-11

What about Liverpool or Leeds?  I think those are great places. A bit closer to London too. But i’m a city girl smile

Rank

Joined 2017-02-19

Maybe you can check out Bath as well?