Vietnam for only two weeks

Post Reply New Thread

Vietnam for only two weeks

RankRank

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2008-07-16

Hi so my husband and I are heading to Vietnam for two weeks to head from Saigon to Hanoi and would like any recommendations.  I initially went on a year round the world trip, met my now husband in Australia and ended up extending my travels to two and a half years.  The only place we didn’t get to on my original route is Vietnam and we both work full time now but are wanting to see as much as we can.  Places to go / not to go given we’re on a sort time scale?  Our honeymoon was only 9 weeks to cover Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia and Laos so we’re used to being constantly on the go!

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-06-08

in my opinion, 2 weeks are enough to visit most famous destinations in vietnam from south to north like hanoi, halong bay, hoian, hcm city, mekong delta… as this is your honeymoon trip, this collection may help, the longest itinerary is only 2 weeks: https://www.bestpricevn.com/Tours_Vietnam_Honeymoon-Holidays-Tours/

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2004-05-30

Two weeks will be very rushed indeed but can be achieved if you’re happy to fly between places rather than catch buses.

I’d spend time in Hanoi/Halong Bay, Hue, Dalat and HCMC. Depending on what time of year you go I would also visit Nha Trang for the beach, but not if it’s rainy season.

Other potential places to visit, but would probably meaning excluding one of the above, include Sapa, Hoi An, Mui Ne or Mekong Delta.