Australia Sep 2016 Advice?!

Post Reply New Thread

Australia Sep 2016 Advice?!

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-01-11

Hi! I’m Fionn and 21 from the UK and I’m looking at travelling to Australia in September 2016 after I graduate from university. I’ll be travelling alone and I’m quite nervous about it all!
I’ve never travelled alone nor worked abroad and would be grateful for any advice/recommendations from people who have done it or anyone going around the same time who wants to chat about their trip - I’d be really grateful as I’m excited but sooooo nervous haha
Fionn xo

Rank

Joined 2016-01-13

Hi Fionn!

I’m Alex, one of the managers here at Gapyear.com. Great to hear you’re planning on heading out to Australia this Autumn, what a graduation present to yourself!

Travelling alone can be a daunting thing for anyone to do, so it’s always good to speak to people who have been in the same boat as you to give you a hand and make the whole experience easier (and ultimately more exciting) for you! I have spent quite a bit of time out in Australia myself, and having done a huge round the world trip by myself a while ago would love to help you out and give you some advice on what to do, where to go, and how to plan and organise the trip!

If you have a chance would you be able to give me a call on 0208 865 0774 and we can have a chat about your plans and start getting things sorted for you for your amazing Australian Adventure!

Rank

Joined 2016-01-29

Hey Fionn! I’m planning on travelling Australia too in September! I’m doing Camp America and then flying there and was thinking of doing STA’s work Australia package, dunno if you’ve looked at anything like that? I’m going on my own too so I’m just as nervous haha

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-02-13

I’m hoping to go over alone in September as well and im so nervous! I don’t even know where to start with planning or anything..

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-02-21

Hi!! I’ve booked my flight to Sydney leaving the start of September. Would be good to get to know a few people before I leave. Mega excited but quite nervous as well!

Rank

Joined 2016-02-26

Im also planning on going travelling to Australia for several months in september, would be good to talk to people who are doing something similar

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2016-03-01

Hiya,
I’m planning to go Australia at the end of September for 6months - 1yr.
I have no idea where to start. No idea where to go and no ideas where to go.
I am hoping there is people that are as clueless as me about going to Australia?!!

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-04-25

Hey smile

I have just booked my flight to Sydney the second week in September, also heading out there alone on a working visa!  Nothing planned as of yet!!

K x

Rank

Joined 2016-04-27

Hello there! I start my travels in September this year. I will be in Thailand for a month and then i fly to Australia the first week of October to complete my 1 year working holiday visa. I would love to hear any advice if anyone has been before or knows of anyone who has. I am slightly aprehensive about find working and meeting new people but i can’t wait to go! I’m new to this website so unsure if you can personal message people? My email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if anyone wants to chat travel plans!

Hannah grin

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-05-03

Hi I’m also planning on going out in September first time traveler too have no plans going alone sold mg barbers to go, be good to meet people along the way in the same boat

Rank

Joined 2016-07-24

Hey

I’m also travelling to Australia alone. I have a 1 way flight booked at the beginning of september and I’ll be starting my trip off in Sydney. Scared, nervous but extremely excited!

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2016-07-25

Hey! I’m Kayley, i’m 22 and ‘m heading to Oz in October but my friend who was meant to come has recently bailed out! Any of you guys gunna be there around October 10th in Sydney? Could really use some friends when get there haha!

Rank

Joined 2016-07-24

Hey Kayley

I’m flying out to Sydney the first week in September.

I’m also in the same position as you. My friend bailed out on me too so looks like i’ll be doing it alone as well.

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2016-07-25

Hi Gemma!
ah it sucks man, im so nervous haha! I’m dreading that I dont make any friends or something. Where are you thinking of spending your time when you’re there?
I dunno if you can privet message on here but if so drop me a message and i’ll talk to you via there? smile
Let me know!

Rank

Joined 2016-09-09

annvi - 26 April 2016 01:32 PM

Hiii!

I just came back from backpacking Asia and Australia and now want to go back in September 2016 for a working visa year. Was planning to start off in Melbourne. Im also travelling alone and looking to see if anyone here have any similar plans?? (-:

Hey annvi,

I too just started this past September week in Melbourne. If you did make the jump back to Melbourne this fall, let me know if you’d like to meet up and do some city exploring.

Abigail