Exposure to all that the African continent holds, is potentially life changing. The lessons and experiences on offer are unlike any on earth and African Impact hopes to bring you a taste of this through our longer-term internship programs. Spend your gap year in Africa being mentored by industry professionals and building your CV while assisting one of our award-winning volunteer projects.
The aim of these longer-term internships is to help you develop new skills, gain valuable work experience and give something back to the communities and programs that you come across. We promise you this is no coffee-making role; you’ll be an active part of the African Impact team and receive both personal and professional support to ensure you make the most of this unique opportunity.
This internship is the recipient of the 2019 GoAbroad Innovative New Intern Abroad Program award.
Featured Internship in Africa:
Social Development and Entrepreneurship in the Greater Kruger
Creating a culture of entrepreneurship changes lives by stimulating economic growth and development. This is especially vital in developing countries where unemployment is often catastrophically high. This internship in the Greater Kruger Region of South Africa looks to support and incubate local entrepreneurs, helping them learn and ultimately establish small to medium business start-ups. When successful, their innovation creates job growth and improves standards of living.
AS AN INTERN, YOU WILL:
- Get to know, understand and gain an appreciation of the African business landscape and the complexities faced by local entrepreneurs
- Work side-by-side with community members in various aspects of their economic development. In partnership with our innovative Farmers of the Future initiative, spend time working in the gardens, helping develop efficient and profitable outputs
- Theoretical skills can be learnt in a classroom, but practical business education cements and develops this learning. Here we combine the two simultaneously to give the essential tools to get started
- Be supported by a Personal Development Coach and Academic Trainer to acquire and develop new skills
- Live and work in one of the most beautiful regions of South Africa, surrounded by private game reserves and Africa’ most iconic wildlife
Enquire now for more details and the internship brochure.
Looking forward to welcoming you to South Africa!