Are you a student or recent graduate looking for valuable professional experience in Spain? Start immediately! We have some positions left to become a Language Assistant in a Spanish school. No matter what your background and level of Spanish are, there is a Meddeas’ program for you. Receive a monthly income, free TEFL-related training and the opportunity to explore a country.
Do you want to live a once in a lifetime opportunity?
Becoming a Language Assistant in a Spanish school with Meddeas is a unique experience that will stay with you forever. During one academic year (September/October 2018 until June 2019), you will enroll a structured program and cooperate with 20 teaching hours a week in one of the 200 educational centers we work with. Gain international experience and add transferable skills to your CV. Don’t miss the opportunity to discover a new culture and language, paying no fees and with a guaranteed monthly income, which is more than enough to live in Spain as a student. You will also receive free TEFL-related training, given by a Spanish university.
Starting dates available:
- September/October 1st 2018
- Deadline to apply: August 29th
Desirable candidate profile:
- Native-level English speaker.
- Recent graduates (last four years) OR university students OR gap years. Any degree!
- Hold an EU passport or residence permit.
- Competence in the Spanish language is not required.
- No previous teaching experience needed.
- Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people.
- Energetic and imaginative.
- With no criminal records.
So what does Meddeas offer you?
No matter what your background is, there is a Meddeas’ program for you that will include a University certified course.
- Qualifications: degree in English OR any degree + TEFL course OR degree/master in Education
- Conversation practice with up to 28 pupils
- Monthly grant is 912 Euros per month OR 462 Euros per month + full board accommodation with a host family
- Qualifications: any degree
- Conversation practice with up to 14 pupils
- Monthly grant is 862 Euros per month OR 412 Euros per month + full board accommodation with a host family
- Minimum qualifications: any degree OR university students OR gap years
- Conversation practice with small groups OR assisting the main teacher
- Monthly grant is 312 Euros per month + full board accommodation with a host family
Selected candidates will:
- Join a Spanish school to cooperate as language assistants with 20 teaching hours per week.
- Receive a certified course given by a Spanish university. Depending on the program it could be a 20 ECTS Expert in Bilingual Education course or a 6 ECTS TEFL or AMET course (paid by the program).
- Get initial training and teacher workshops.
- Have health insurance covered by the program (EU citizens).
- Get help with the visa process and opening a bank account.
- Receive a monthly allowance, more than enough for living in Spain as a student.
- Have support from a professional and experienced Spain-based company.
- Count with in-school advice from the school’s designated Tutor.
- Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program.
- Enjoy paid school holidays (except for summer period).
- Teach children aged two to eighteen, learners’ English levels range from beginner to advance.
More than 250 schools around Spain participate every year in our programs. Meddeas has delegates in the main areas (Madrid and North Spain) and its management knows each and every school participating in the program personally.
There are two lodging options: full board accommodation with a host family or independently housing, depending on your own interests. Families in these programs are linked to the school and chosen by its principal. In fact, they host the Language Assistant on a volunteer basis to experience a cultural and linguistic immersion.
The main idea of this cultural exchange is that, while out of the school, Language Assistants will spend half of their time interacting in English with the family and the other half interacting in Spanish, traveling or enjoying their spare time as they want. During the program, the family will cover meals and accommodation expenses.
What does a language assistant do?
- Deliver conversational English lessons during the requested weekly hours.
- Encourage oral practice in English.
- Explain the culture of your own country.
- Help in other subjects apart from English such as science, art, sport.
- Act as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar.
- Collaborate with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.