- 4.5 month teaching contracts
- Kindergarten, primary school and middle school positions
- Monthly salary of £750
- Free accommodation
- Pre-departure Orientation Day
Our state school programme is the ideal way to gain international work experience and have endless travel opportunities! Here at Teach English In China, we have been organising teaching placements for over 10 years, building strong relationships with well-established schools in cities such as Shanghai, Wuhan and Xuzhou.
Our placements start in February 2018. Our partner in Xuzhou is open to applicants working for them for one semester (4 months from February 2018-June 2018)
What will I be doing?
You will work in either a kindergarten, primary or middle school and be responsible for planning and delivering fun and engaging lessons to help improve students’ confidence in using oral English. Your school will provide a curriculum, but there is plenty of scope to use your creativity and imagination.
Working an average of 15-25 hours per week, Monday-Friday, you will receive a comfortable monthly salary of £750 and free accommodation.
You will have weekends off and long national holidays that allow plenty of time to explore.
Am I eligible?
We are looking for enthusiastic, organised and committed individuals who will rise to the challenge of living and working abroad.
To apply, you must:
- Have already graduated (any degree discipline)
- Be a native speaker of English
- Hold a UK, Irish, Canadian, US, Australian or New Zealand passport
- Complete a 120-hour TEFL course (can be done after joining the programme)
Previous teaching experience or knowledge of Mandarin is not a requirement.
It is possible to apply for this programme with a friend/partner and we will endeavour to place you in the same city.
What do you offer?
Our state school programme is designed to ensure you walk into the classroom with confidence.
Competitively priced at £400, our programme includes:
- A pre-departure orientation & training day
- Visa application assistance
- Access to our exclusive lesson plan library
- A former teacher ‘buddy’
- A contact in China
- Private Facebook group with other participants in months before departure
Over the years Teach English In China has established a large community of teachers and a growing pool of resources. Each member of our team has completed a placement and is committed to helping every candidate enjoy their time in China and make the most of the experience.
If you are looking for a unique experience in a fascinating country, then look no further and apply today!