Scrimping, saving and dreaming
So this is the beginning. There’s only 81days to go! It’s beginning to fly around now since the conception of my RTW idea and it’s growth and development. The closer it gets, the quicker it seems to be flying in!! I’m beginning to feel the pressure and strain of saving to go away, I feel extreme guilt with having to part with cash to buy the basic food shopping and have become T-Total to build up more funds. My mentality is £5 down the drain here equals to a night’s accomodation on Ko Samui or a day in Rajasthan!
After working and saving all my tips I will still be short of cash by a grand so have come up with lots of different fundraising ideas, ranging from selling everything except my kacks on ebay to doing a sponsored 20mile walk in fancydress with my best mate Nicola in 1 weeks time. I’m positive though, i know i will make my target of £5200.
The ticket has been bought and here is the itinery…
– 4 and half weeks in India – voluntary work and backpacking
– 3 and half weeks in Thailand – voluntary work and backpacking
– Half a week travelling down the Malay peninsula from Thailand, through Malaysia to Singapore.
– 1 month in Australia backpacking it up the east coast
– Stop over in New zealand
– 1 week relaxing in rarotonga (Cook Islands)
– 5 weeks backpacking across the USA, from LA to NY
Each day I grow more and more excited with the odd bout of fear and anxiety but then I get over that and get excited again.
Roll on 11 weeks, D-Day is Sunday the 8th February :S