Had to leave Melaka at 7.00 to get the bus to Singapore. Arrived here at about 1.00. Hostel seems nice enough but trying to be a little bit too trendy for my liking. Headed into Little India in the afternoon to look around. Started raining heavily so took refuge in the food court till it had calmed down a bit, though not stopped completely, and we could get back. In the evening, we went to the night safari. Was very cool – the otters were the best – wanted to pick them up and smuggle them home. You’ll be glad to hear, though, that we left them where they were.

Next day, it was raining when we got up, so we stuck around the hotel. By afternoon, and it had cleared up a bit went to the shops. Got most of the way there when Hazel decided we were going in the wrong direction so we went completely the other way. After about an hour of wandering around, we found a map and found that where we had turned round was about 30secs from where we wanted to be! Went back that way and found the shops.

In the evening, we went to Raffles Hotel for the famous Singapore Sling. Tasted a lot better than I thought it would, so had 2. A little pricey though. As it was our last night on the tour, we all went out for dinner together at an Irish bar – not very Asian I know but it was Bob the tour leaders choice. Then sat in the next door bar. Came back to the hostel to drink on the rooftop but by the time we got here it was raining so heavy we cancelled that.

Had a more relaxing day today. Spent the morning repacking my bag as Im leaving tomorrow. Then went to the cinema in the afternoon to go see Bridget Jones’ Diary: The Edge of Reason. Very funny – laughed a lot more than the first one. Spent the evening sat on the rooftop having a bbq. A lot of fun, and probably my last night seeing people before we all meet up again in oz!

Whether you’re a newbie traveller looking for help or a backpacking veteran with words of wisdom to share, our community is waiting for you.

Join the Community
[contact-form-7 id="4" title="Contact form 1"]