Spent the first couple of days back in Sydney taking it easy and not doing very much. Tuesday night saw us going to see Dirty Dancing at the Theatre. It was absolutely brilliant – well acted, well casted and just as cheesy. They did add a couple of bits into the story but it all made sense and the singing and dancing were great. It was a brilliant night out. Headed to the bar afterwards for post show discussions!

Next day, we were going to head to the beach but the weather didnt look like it was going to be up to much so we didnt bother. It actually turned out to be quite nice so we missed out. Could have gone to see GMTV live from the botanical gardens as well, but decided not to! Didnt reckon anyone would be up early enough to see it. Did however go for a walk across the Harbour Bridge to Luna Park, but didnt go in, to see the views from the other side of the harbour.

Up at 5.30 next morning to get down to the harbour by 6.30 in order to climb the Bridge. It takes around 3 to 3.5 hours although the first hour or so is getting kitted out. Got very fetching boiler suits to wear. The climb itself is not that hard, a few flights of stairs at the beginning then gentle steps on a slope up to the summit. You are attached to a static line the whole time so that a big gust of wind will only blow you over till someone pulls you back rather than down into the water! After completing the climb they give you a certificate and a complimentary photo of your group. You have to pay for individual shots so I declined them.

Met up with some of the guys from my Bangkok-Singapore tour in the afternoon as it was one of their birthdays. Went to Manly beach, despite the dodgy weather. Had a couple of drinks then went for dinner on The Rocks. Could hear the fireworks going off as the Sapphire Princess Cruise Ship left the harbour but couldnt really see them. We are saving ourselves for the New Years Eve ones anyway. Left there and went to an Irish bar in search of Christmas music but couldnt find any so we figured the only way to get it would be to make it ourselves. So we went to a Karaoke bar. The 8 of us got our own private room and played all the Christmas songs we could find. Left there and carried on to another club for another hour or so before eventually heading home.

This morning we spent sorting out food for tomorrow. We have made a little picnic to take to Bondi Beach consisting of Roast Turkey slices and stuffing baguettes, Crisps, Fruit, Mince Pies and drinks. We havent decided what to eat for dinner so will probably just throw together everything we own, student style!

Happy Christmas.

Whether you’re a newbie traveller looking for help or a backpacking veteran with words of wisdom to share, our community is waiting for you.

Join the Community
[contact-form-7 id="4" title="Contact form 1"]