Vloggers go on a live gap year for gapyear.com
Follow along on the hashtag #SOtravel
Saunders Carmicheal-Brown and Ollie Harford are officially living the dream.
We're sponsoring them to travel the popular gap year route through Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam together, to film the highlights, lowlights and fun times for gapyear.com. They've been on holiday before, sure, but they've never been backpacking.
This is your chance to see what it's really like to go backpacking for the first time.
The two best friends, both 22, leave on Wednesday 9th April for seven weeks along the Indochina route. From the hostels to the street food and the transport to the border crossings you can follow the guys at #SOtravel across Twitter and Instagram, as well as on the official gapyear.com YouTube page.
Along the way they’ll be:
- Visiting community projects
- Travelling by plane, train, tuk tuk, bus and the seat of their pants
- Photographing their first Full Moon Party
- Visiting the Grand Palace in Bangkok, Angkor Wat in Cambodia, the tubing in Laos and the Mekong Delta in Vietnam
- Travelling through Laos on the Stray Boun Noy Pass and through Vietnam on the Stray Dong Pass
- Attempting to make friends and find out how locals live
- Doing anything you tell them to on the #SOtravel hashtag
Saunders and Ollie will be going on a journey of discovery. It’s their first time travelling extensively together and they have a strict budget to keep to. As well as documenting the trip live on the gapyear.com YouTube account, they will also be putting together practical how to videos for the site. Check out their first one on visas for South East Asia right here.
In their own words
Saunders is a freelance videographer, editor and digital content producer and has worked on campaigns for ASOS, MINI Cars and Camp Bestival.
Ollie is a football fanatic with a keen eye for a pun and the ability to read minds (psychology degree).
Saunders and Ollie are currently accepting suggestions for things to do along the route. Anyone can Tweet in to @gapyeardotcom using the #SOtravel hashtag and they'll pick them up en route.
Keep an eye on gapyear.com/sotravel for all the latest updates.