Top destinations to pop the question
You've probably spent more time than is reasonable thinking about how to propose to your dearest love in such a way as to minimise the chances of being cast back into the lonely doldrums of internet pornography and microwave meals for one. Whether you're attached or single, you've probably fantasised about hiding a ring in a glass of cheap champagne, training a goose to cough a proposal into their lap, or driving a flaming monster truck around an oil field to spell the words 'MARRY ME OR DIE.'
To help you get it right, online ticket retailer FloridaTix.com has put together a list of the top 10 most romantic places to propose. Instead of relying on a boring, unsexy survey, the company scoured YouTube for every wedding proposal video uploaded since 2005. That's over 200,000 videos of people rubbing their ephemeral happiness in your face.
Here's the complete rundown:
10. The Empire State Building (New York, 3,470 uploads)
9. The London Eye (London, 4,080 uploads)
8. Grand Canyon (Arizona, 4,470 uploads)
7. Eiffel Tower (Paris, 5,420 uploads)
6. Universal Studios Florida (Florida, 5,650 uploads)
5. Disneyland Paris (Paris, 8,480 uploads)
4. Top of the Rock (New York, 32,700 uploads)
3. Central Park (New York, 33,600 uploads)
2. Times Square (New York, 45,500 uploads)
1. Disney World (Florida, 59,700 uploads)
It seems that nothing says long-term commitment like gaudy plastic castles, the pervading aroma of children's vomit, and failed actors sweating their way to an early cardiac arrest inside anthropomorphised animal suits.
It's fair to say that these results should be taken with a spoonful of salt, as science doesn't yet acknowledge YouTube video uploads as an exact measurement. In fact, given the popularity of these locations, it could be worth using this as a list of places to avoid popping the question.
Funnily enough, it's much harder to find any divorce videos.