Wildlife Rescue in Tropical Thailand
The centre cares for over 300 animals including gibbons, macaques, bears, otters, birds, reptiles and various nocturnal animals.
What will I be doing?
Each day will differ but general wildlife rescue volunteer tasks may include:
* Feeding the animals
* Providing water for the animals
* Assisting with cleaning the enclosures
* Creating enrichments for the animals
* Maintenance work for enclosures and fences
For volunteers staying longer than two weeks you could consider combining Wildlife Rescue with the Elephant Care role based at the same centre, caring for rescued Asian elephants.
How is the Wildlife Rescue project making a difference?
The centre that we work with in Thailand operates as a sanctuary for abused, neglected or injured animals. Volunteers have an amazing opportunity to work up close with endangered animals.
Educational tours are often organised for young school children at the centre as the project believe that the education of the next generation is critical to conservation in Thailand. The Wildlife Rescue management team actively campaign for better animal treatment in Thailand including issues such as the illegal pet trade, poaching and the use of animals within the tourist industry.
Why are volunteers needed?
Whilst the centre employs full time local staff they are always in need of assistance with their tasks. Local staff are often over-stretched with daily care tasks and so the extra man-power from volunteers allow them to focus on long term plans and extend their care to more animals.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Pod Volunteer should then be in touch
shortly to help with your enquiry.
More information about this gap year opportunity...
£75 discount for volunteers who combine more than one Pod Volunteer project! We also offer a discount for combining Wildlife Rescue with our Elephant Care project!
All the time
This placement would suit:
Anyone who enjoys working with animals
Do you accept non UK citizens?
“My time in Thailand at the Wildlife Rescue Centre was the best experience of my life. The centre is such an amazing place and I was so sad to leave. I met some amazing people, from the staff who work there permanently to the many volunteers who work at the centre. I would definitely love to go back there someday, and I’d like to thank Pod Volunteer for their help in getting me there in the first place.”
Before you go
* Carefully selected and vetted volunteer project
* Support from our friendly and highly experienced UK team
* Single point of contact with a dedicated placement manager
* In-depth information booklet on your volunteering placement
* Travel information - visa, health and safety advice
* Access to specialist travel insurance at exclusive rates
* Recommended travel agency for flights and tours
* Access to special deals and resources
* Fundraising guide and support
* Financial protection
On your placement
* Animal care volunteering placement
* Arrangement of airport pickup from Bangkok
* Accommodation - a basic shared room
* Food - all main meals
* Onsite support from local team
* Support from UK office by phone and email
* 24/7 emergency back up
* Crisis management plans and insurance
On your return
* Contact from your placement manager
* Feedback scheme
* Volunteering certificate (on request)
* References (on request)
Pod Volunteer is an award winning non-profit organisation arranging ethical, inspiring and supported volunteering opportunities around the world. We work with long term projects that we know personally and where there is genuine benefit to local communities. Volunteers are needed from 1 - 12 weeks for animal, conservation, child care, education, teaching, building and community volunteering projects in Belize, Cambodia, Ghana, India, Madagascar, Nepal, Peru, South Africa and Thailand.
View all products from Pod Volunteer