Africa Overland Coast to Coast
Please note that our itineraries are not set in stone and can be subject to change.
Days 1 to 8
• Depart Nairobi & cross the Athi Plains.
• Arusha - our base for the next few days.
• Lake Manyara National Park - check out the flamingos and famous tree-climbing lions in this small but beautiful park
• Ngorongoro Crater Reserve - take a jeep safari into the crater to spot lion, zebra, elephant, hippos, flamingos & gazelle
• Serengeti National Park - continue on to see lion, cheetah & leopard, wildebeest, giraffe, and elephant, along with various species of gazelle and antelope.
• Maasai Village walk - an option back at our campsite in Arusha.
• Marangu - Foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro - you have the opportunity to hike up to Base camp, or walk through the pleasant surroundings visiting waterfalls and rivers in the area.
• Dar Es Salaam - bbq on the Indian Ocean coast.
Days 9 to 12
• Zanzibar Island - The original and mystical 'spice' island. Take a tour of Stone Town, learn about the various spices, then venture to the north of the island for a few days. Swim with dolphins, sunbathe on amazing white sandy beaches, indulge in various water sports including snorkelling and scuba diving.
Days 13 to 15
• Mikumi National Park - spot from the roadside, giraffe, zebra, elephant and buffalo.
Malawi - the warm heart of Africa.
Days 16 to 21
• Lake Malawi - stop at several campsites where you can swim & chill on the lake. Learn to horse ride, scuba dive or try your hand at windsurfing amongst other water sports. Wander the local crafts markets and village before indulging in a spit roast dinner if we are lucky!
• Lilongwe, the capital.
Days 22 to 29
Mozambique - travel along the infamous Tete corridor.The Victoria Falls or Mosi oa Tunya, 'The Smoke that Thunders', is a mile wide and hurls over 5 million cubic metres of water a minute into the Zambezi Gorge, the setting for the most awesome grade 5 white water rafting. You can also do canoe trips, flights over the Falls, booze cruises or one of the highest bungee jumps in the world!
• Harare, the capital
• Eastern Highlands - Chimanimani National Park or Vumba Gardens - hike through this vast mountain wilderness area bordering Mozambique or visit bridal veil falls, enjoy the surrounding scenery from this sleepy village.
• Antelope Park - a privately run game ranch, where you can go game viewing on horse or elephant back makes for a very different experience! Taking a stroll out into the park with a couple of lion cubs is always a great hit.
• Great Zimbabwe Ruins - a Shona village, from where the name 'Zimbabwe' is derived.
Days 30 to 35
• Bulawayo - the second largest city in the country.
• Matobo National Park - an optional safari with a difference! Allowing you to game walk to get up close and see the elusive Black Rhino.
• Cecil Rhodes' Grave & Ancient Rock Paintings
• Victoria Falls - view these spectacular falls from Zimbabwe or Zambia, and try your hand at grade 5 whitewater rafting, and kayaking trips. Something for all - Flight of Angels (microlite or helicopter), sunset cruises, gorge swing, abseil, bungy jump, jet boating and more! - Adrenaline Heaven.
Days 36 to 46
• Chobe National Park - river game cruise
• Okavango Delta - 2 night mokoro canoe trip on the delta to spot elephant, crocodile, hippo, buffalo, zebra plus more.
• Etosha National Park - game drive by day & relax at floodlit water holes by night to spot rhino, elephant, giraffe, lion, leopard, buffalo amongst a horde of other wildlife.
• Cheetah park - an up close and personal experience with these amazing cats.
• Brandberg Mountains in Demaraland.
Days 47 to 51
• Cape Cross seal colony or Spitzkoppe rock formations.
• Swakopmund - deep sea fishing, quad biking, dune sledding, tandem sky diving, horse riding, desert flights.
Days 52 to 56
• Namib-Naukluft Park
• Sossusvlei - the world's highest dunes!
• Fish River Canyon - Africa's Grand Canyon!
• Cape Town
Travel is in our fully equipped expedition truck and it's camping all the way. Each day is different - sometimes we may spend the whole day driving from one place to the next, sometimes we spend 2 or 3 days in one place eg Victoria Falls, so you have time to bungee, white water raft, horse-ride etc! All these kinds of activities are optional.
We provide cooking equipment, eating utensils and tents, all you need is your sleeping gear and personal stuff. The Oasis truck is fitted with comfortable coach seats and tarpaulin sides that roll up so you can see all that wildlife. And then there's the 'beach', a raised area at the front with mattresses and an open top so you can sit up and get a panoramic view of Africa or relax and top up your tan. Everyone in the group mucks in with shopping for food at local markets and stores, cooking over the camp fire and cleaning the truck. The trip is led by two Oasis crew all the way, a tour leader and driver and they'll help you get the most out of your trip. Don't worry about joining the trip on your own - many do and you'll soon find you have friends for life!
For up to date information about the itinerary, visas, vaccinations, spending money, optional excursions and other useful information, give us a call, drop us a line or have a look at our website.
Our Users Say
Brilliant tour. Fantastic 8 weeks. I experienced some awesome activities and made some great friends. Would recommend Oasis to any friends looking to travel. Kate & Jason have really helped to make the trip run smoothly and contributed to how great it has been.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Oasis Overland should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.