Wildlife Park Conservation Project
Popular activities in the Park are hand-feeding the free range kangaroos that roam freely around the Park and entering into the large free-flight aviary (for the brave) to hand-feed the parrots!
This project has a great deal of variety and you'll have lots of opportunity to work hands-on with some of Australians wonderfully unique and diverse native birds and mammal species. Other work activities that you can get involved with include Grounds-keeping, which involves the hands-on care and maintenance of hundreds of native trees and plants. You can also get involved in Retail & Tourism if you want to. This last activity is entirely optional, but is available if you'd like to get tourism experience.
The Wildlife Park is a very friendly place and some of their local volunteers have been involved with the Park for many years. They also offer work experience and community services for high school and primary school children.
Your main responsibility will fall into one or more of the following three areas at the Park:
- Native animal-based experience
- Grounds-keeping experience
- Retail / Tourism experience (optional)
What you'll gain from doing this project:
- An exciting, never-to-be-forgotten adventure into Australian culture.
- You'll learn a lot from experts in your field about how they work in a cultural environment that's different to what you're used to.
- New skills, more confidence, a greater understanding of a different culture, invaluable personal and professional development.
- An entry on your CV or résumé that will put you head and shoulders above most others in the job market
- And best of all ... an unforgettable experience!
You'll stay in a dorm room with access to many facilities in the Backpackers. There is a kitchen where you can cook and an excellent BBQ and outdoor area that is very popular. Other facilities that you'll have free use of include a pool table, table tennis, board games, sporting equipment and off-street parking. you'll also be given a unique City Visitor's Guide and you'll have free access to tea and coffee.
What to do next
Talk to us - We're there to help you. Most of our team are ex Travellers volunteers and are ideally qualified to offer advice and guidance because they know what you're looking for. They'll help you find your perfect project - and then make it all happen!
If you’d like to apply for this project. Visit our website and complete the application form. As soon as we receive it, we’ll liaise with you and then start making your travel adventure happen.
It’s as easy as that.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Travellers Worldwide should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.