Kyrgyzstan and China Overland
Join our expedition from Bishkek to Beijing and venture off the tourist trail through Kyrgyzstan and China. This groundbreaking & challenging trip travels along ancient trading routes along the Silk Road. Discover stunning scenery and some of the oldest cities in the world steeped in history and legend from Lake IssyKul to Xi'an and its Terracotta Warriors.
Please note that our itineraries are not set in stone and can be subject to change.
Days 1 to 14
• Lake Issyk-Kul - a massive mountain lake with lots of activities to choose from and incredible scenery.
• Karakol / Jeti Orguz Region - hiking into the surrounding Terskay Ala-Too Mountains.
• Ala-Archa Nature Reserve - an option to go trekking to the edge of glaciers, in spectacular scenery.
• Lake Song Kol - Traditional yurt stay, horseback riding and trekking the surrounding areas.
• Tash Rabat - an ancient caravanserai.
• Torugat Pass - a high pass in the Tien Shan Mountains & the border into China.
Days 15 to 22
• Kashgar - a major trading point on the old Silk Road.
• Taklamakan Desert - 272,000 sq km of slowly moving sand.
• Kuqa - the Thousand Buddha Caves.
• Turpan - visit the ruins of Jiaohe City.
Days 23 to 32
• Gobi Desert - one of the hottest places on earth.
• Dunhuang - the famous Mogao Grottoes & the Crescent Moon Pool.
• Jiayuguan - our first taste of the Great Wall of China!
• Xiahe - Labrang Buddhist Monastery.
• Huanglong National Park - spectacular scenery and hiking trails.
Days 32 to 40
• Chengdu - visit the nearby Giant Panda Breeding Centre.
• Xi'an - visit the famous Terracotta Warriors.
• Overnight train to the capital.
• Beijing - day trip to visit the Great Wall of China; stay a few extra days to take in all the sights including Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City & the Temple of Heaven.
Visit our website for a detailed itinerary and full details of costs.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Oasis Overland should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.