UK Working Holiday Pub Jobs
Pulling pints in a traditional British pub is perhaps the most quintessential UK work experience, and it’s no wonder countless youngsters from across the globe choose this fun-filled adventure for their gap year abroad. Letz Live takes the guess work out of finding a job with our UK working holiday pub placement, meaning you can avoid the time wasting and uncertainty by arriving with a job secure and ready to go!
There are more than 500 pubs throughout the United Kingdom for you to choose from, stretching from the Scottish Highlands and the Yorkshire Dales, to the beaches of Cornwall and good old London town. Whether you want to work front of house as bar or waiting staff, or in the kitchen as a cook or qualified chef, we will help match your skills to establishments across the UK that have been given the stamp of approval by our staff.
The social atmosphere of a British pub means that you won’t have any problems establishing life-long friends, and it is the ideal environment to truly immerse yourself in the local culture. If you are planning to travel with your partner or “bestie” - no worries! We will find a joint placement so that you can share this life-changing experience and travel throughout the UK and Europe together.
You will be provided with single or twin share accommodation throughout your placement and can expect to earn around £200-£240 per week (£160-£200 after tax), working 39-45 hours per week. On top of that, many pub workers receive weekly tips of around £10-£100 and are provided with subsidised meals, meaning you can save your money for more important things, like traveling! Did we mention the generous discounts our sister company, Letz Travel, can offer for your European escapades?
Our UK Working Holiday Pub placements last for (at least) 4 months, and at the end of this period, you can either head off to explore Europe, or ask our team to find you a new position in another UK location. This has to be the most hassle-free way of securing employment, and provides an ideal base for exploring the diverse countries, cultures and landscapes of the European continent.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Letz Live should then be in touch
shortly to help with your enquiry.
More information about this gap year opportunity...
Letz Live offers participants a safe and secure way to start their European working holiday, either in London or in destinations across the United Kingdom. We will arrange everything for you, from free accommodation to a full-paying job, meaning that you can easily save money to support the exciting travel opportunities that await.
• Select from our huge choice of pub locations throughout the UK
• We have jobs available for bar staff, waiters, cooks and qualified chefs
• Accommodation will always be provided with the job, usually on the premises, in either single or twin-share rooms
• Many of the pubs also include meals or subsidised food as part of the job package
• Earn an average wage of £200-240 per week for a 39-45 hour week (£160-200 after tax and compulsory government deductions)
• Earn additional tips at between £10 to £100 per week
• We can provide jobs at the same pub for couples or two friends who are travelling together
• Our UK-based network of staff will be available throughout your placement to help deal with any problems or difficulties you may face
• All participants are required to complete a minimum of a 4-month contract, you can approach our UK crew for assistance in finding a new job or stick around at your existing placement
• We will also assist you in securing your UK visa (if needed) and sorting out your UK bank account.
• Employment placement and accommodation at a quality UK pub
• Assistance with your visa and entry clearances
• A UK mobile phone sim card to keep you connected
• Discounted travel with our sister company Letz Travel including 15% discount on travel insurance
• A worldwide hostel membership to use on your European adventures
• A “Lonely Planet: Great Britain” guidebook
• Continued and unending support prior to your departure and during your placement abroad
• Assistance in organising your UK bank account
• Most pubs jobs on offer are general front-of-house, including bar and waiting positions, but they may also include other aspects of pub work as required
• Managers require some customer service experience (preferably hospitality), but all staff will be trained on the job after arrival. If your previous job experience is limited, you may want to consider taking a bar course or arranging some part-time bar work in your local pub before departure so you feel confident in your new role
• You should be at least 19 years of age, although 18 year olds will be considered if they have a good customer service background
• You may be required to take black trousers/skirts and black shoes with you as part of your uniform, with tops normally provided by the pub
Applying for a working holiday pub job in the United Kingdom with Letz Live is simple and easily completed in a few steps. Visit our website and click the “Apply Now” tab, then complete the online application form and send us your CV. You will need to pay a preparation fee of AUD$99.00 at the time of application which will be deducted from your total placement fee once successful.
One of our Letz Live crew members will be in touch to arrange a telephone interview at a mutually convenient time which will take roughly 60 minutes. Within 7 days of your interview you will be notified if your application has been accepted and, provided everything goes well, it’s time to start packing for the UK! Our team will help you finalise all visa documentation and travel bookings, while you can start planning your adventures.
About Letz Live:
The team at Letz Live are proud to be a part of making your upcoming journey of discovery a reality. Jetting off overseas to immerse yourself in a completely new culture is a life changing experience and an incredible opportunity to learn more about yourself and the world around you.
For decades, high school graduates, university students—- basically young people from around the world have been taking a “gap year” to explore the world and discover more about themselves before starting their tertiary studies or first full time ‘real-world’ job. Now it’s your turn! But before you embark on this rite of passage there are probably so many questions. Which country should I go to? Where will I live? How will I afford to survive?
Take away the guesswork by letting the team at Letz Live inspire your gap year adventures and guide you through the process. Whether you want to work, learn or volunteer, we’ll help you find and organise a life-changing overseas placement to suit you and your unique interests. The Letz Live crew have all been in your position and ventured into the big wide world at a young age, and now they’re ready to hand the baton on to you and your generation as you head out on your first travel adventures. All of us have personally experienced the thrills, rewards and challenges of living and working overseas, and feel strongly that these experiences will not only shape your life, but transform the way you see the world.
Whether you’re planning your gap year months ahead of time or you’re ready to go right now, we’ll get straight to work planning your itinerary and will use our extensive network of overseas contacts to ensure a quality placement that is suited to your individual needs and requests. Not only can you be assured of a safe and rewarding placement, but full support from the team at Letz Live throughout your experience. While you’re making lifelong friendships in your new destination, we’ll be your travel buddy from afar and help you every step of the way.
Letz Live was established in 2005 by Nicholas Hare who was so inspired by his own pivotal gap year experience in the UK that he wanted to make it an easy and accessible reality for generations to follow.
Your big journey of discovery awaits. Jetting off overseas to immerse yourself in a new culture is a life changing experience. It’s a precious opportunity to learn more about the world and yourself.
For decades, young people around the world have been taking this rite of passage before starting tertiary education or their first full time job. And now it’s your turn. You have so many questions. Where shall I go? Where will I live? How will I fund my travels?
Take away the guesswork by talking to the Letz Live crew today. Whether you want to work, learn or volunteer, we’ll help you find a fantastic overseas placement to suit you and your unique interests. The Letz Live crew have all travelled the world at a young age and they’re ready to hand the baton on to the next generation. All of us have personally experienced the thrills, rewards and challenges of living and working overseas.
Whether you’re planning months ahead, or you’re ready to go now, we’ll get straight to work on your itinerary. We know our network of overseas contacts on a personal basis, so you can be assured of only quality placements with full support throughout your experience. You’ll be making lifelong friendships on your journey, but we’ll be your travel buddy from afar!
Letz Live was established in 2004 by Nicholas Hare, who was inspired by his own pivotal gap year experience in the UK.
View all products from Letz Live