Government Internship Program
It does not come better than this. An internship with a national government!
We have a wide variety of roles available in the Colombian government and place students in the area of their interest & expertise.
• Environmental policy
• Trade & finance
• Public policy
• Public health
• Public works & Transport policy
• Marginalised communities
• Human Resources
We have carefully constructed our government internship program so roles are suitable & rewarding for differing levels of expertise. A 1st year university student will therefore have a different role to a postgraduate with 2 years working experience for example.
Crucially, we are able to offer a wide variety of rewarding roles with only an intermediate Spanish language requirement. Through extensive consultation we have crafted numerous rewarding roles within specific government departments where the Spanish level requirement is only intermediate (equivalent to 2 years of high school study).
Throughout the internship you will have an internship supervisor within the government who will provide regular feedback and ensure the internship is a rewarding learning experience. All supervisors are experienced in receiving international interns.
You can expect to learn:
• How business is conducted in Latin America
• The challenges facing a rapidly growing emerging economy
• The workings of government in Latin America
• How to conduct oneself in a high level office environment, in the context of a different culture & language - a skill much sought after by employers worldwide!
• A thorough understanding of the specific sector you are allocated to according to your skills & interests.
Due to local visa regulations it should be noted that these internships are learning, educational experiences and therefore unpaid.
Who is it for:
University students/graduates/postgraduates with a keen interest in politics, economics, finance, law, the environment, pedagogy, culture, arts, healthcare or education.
The accommodation & all the other benefits!
Your choice of either a private bedroom in a family homestay or a private bedroom in a student residence. All accommodation options are of high quality & are situated in the nicest and safest areas of Medellin.
In addition to a first class internship and great accommodation, you will receive 24/7 emergency support on the ground from our local, full-time team. This includes thorough pre-trip information, a welcome package on arrival including mobile phone with key support numbers, airport pick-up, safety orientation & ongoing assistance throughout your stay.
We have a large number of international students at all times in Colombia, and organise regular social & cultural events, thus providing you with an excellent network of friends and contacts from all over the world!
What are you going to get out of it?
• A major boost to your resume – intern with a national government!
• An incredible learning experience – learning from high-calibre professionals
• A cultural immersion – Colombia is one of the most exciting countries in Latin America & the press is buzzing about its future.
• An amazing personal experience – new and exciting experiences, the time of your life!
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. The Intern Group should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.