NGO Volunteering in Latin America
We work with a variety of first-class NGOs in numerous fields including: displaced people, the government, children, education, the environment, housing & abuse. Our partners include the largest NGO in Latin America, Techo.
Crucially, we are able to offer a wide variety of rewarding roles with zero Spanish language requirement. Many of the NGO workers speak very good English enabling us to make this a wonderful opportunity for even non-Spanish speakers.
Throughout the internship you will have an internship supervisor who will provide regular feedback and ensure the internship is a rewarding learning experience. All supervisors are experienced in receiving international interns.
You can expect to learn:
• The challenges facing Colombia
• The workings of a great Latin American NGO
• How to conduct oneself in a working environment, in the context of a different culture & language - a skill much sought after by employers worldwide!
• A thorough understanding of the specific sector you are allocated to according to your skills & interests
Due to local visa regulations it should be noted that these internships are learning, educational experiences and therefore unpaid.
Who is it for:
University students/graduates/postgraduates with a keen interest in the voluntary sector..
The accommodation & all the other benefits!
Your choice of either a private bedroom in a family homestay or a private/shared bedroom in a student apartment. All accommodation options are of high quality & are situated in the nicest and safest areas of Medellin.
In addition to a first class internship and great accommodation, you will receive 24/7 emergency support on the ground from our local, full-time team. This includes thorough pre-trip information, a welcome package on arrival including mobile phone with key support numbers, airport pick-up, safety orientation & ongoing assistance throughout your stay.
We have a large number of international students at all times in Colombia, and organise regular social & cultural events, thus providing you with an excellent network of friends and contacts from all over the world!
What are you going to get out of it?
• A major boost to your resume – intern with a great Latin American NGO
• An incredible learning experience – learning from high-calibre professionals
• A cultural immersion – Colombia is one of the most exciting countries in Latin America & the press is buzzing about its future.
• An amazing personal experience – new and exciting experiences, the time of your life!
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. The Intern Group should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.