Chipangali Wildlife Orphanage & Research Project
Chipangali Wildlife Orphanage is a haven for wild animals who had little hope to survive in the wild. The centre is home to injured and orphaned wildlife as well as animals born in captivity or raised unsuccessfully.
As a volunteer, your main duties will include:
- Preparing the feed for the animals
- Doing the feeding rounds for the animals, where safety permits (some species, such as crocodile, are only fed by the permanent staff)
- Cleaning and maintenance of animal enclosures
-Hand rearing infant animals, including feeding, socialising and husbandry of enclosures. This is an incredibly rewarding aspect of the placement, but can also require 24 hour care and support.
- Help with the Environmental Programmes Involving Children (EPIC) project, educating local kids and school groups about their natural heritage and conservation issues
- Assist with tracking and monitoring leopard and hyena populations in the Matopos National Park
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. African Conservation Experience should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.