Teach English to Kids
Having the ability to read and write in English makes a person’s prospects much greater, and in many of the schools, organisations and communities that Frontier works with, English teachers are the most requested resource. Volunteers teach basic English to friendly kids, giving them the chance to break the cycle of poverty and work towards a better future.
By volunteering to teach, volunteers hep Frontier to fulfil this demand from the communities which we work with; and helps to create a more stable future for the organisations to move forward towards. Volunteering allows you to learn more about the area and culture that you are teaching in, and provides the chance for you to give something back to the community that hosts you. Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) qualifications are available on many of the teaching projects, as well as the chance to earn a free TEFL certificate for 20 hours of teaching time.
We have teaching projects all over the globe, including the following experiences:
• Teach kids at an orphanage in Siem Reap, and explore the world-famous ruins of Angkor Wat while you're there.
• Undertake a teaching or sports coaching placement on the remote and spectacular island of Fiji
• Work at an under-funded local primary school on a paradise island in Madagascar, and spot lemurs and chameleons in your spare time
• Visit the magical island of Bali, see the sights and hit the beaches while teaching English to kids.
• Work at a village primary school and offer your energy and enthusiasm to the kids while taking in laid-back Costa Rica
For more info on our teaching and TEFL placements, visit our website, click on “Apply Now” and fill in the short application form. An advisor will then call you back to discuss your plans and help find the perfect placement.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Apply now by clicking the button below and filling out the application form on gapyear.com. Frontier should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.