International Development Internship
ork with a local team at an established foundation and learn about many essential aspects of NGO management, community development and donor funding. Many organisations are reliant on donations and grants and fundraising is an essential role that is expanding in the sector, as the number of competitors in the market expand. Gain an insight into the skills and techniques necessary to run a successful NGO professional and put yourself ahead of your peers by having direct international development experience.
You may be involved in the following activities during your internship:
• Conducting research into potential donors and donor organisations and creating a database of opportunities for funding
• Assisting with writing funding proposals and reports to be sent to funders
• Assisting with day-to-day management of the sponsorship program, including contacting sponsors, processing payments, and uploading information into database and websites
• Updating of website and social media to promote activities and creating funding campaigns
• Attend or organise community meetings and events to build relations
Potential study related outcomes from this internship include learning how to:
• Research funding and sponsorship opportunities locally and internationally, and how to write funding/grant proposals and reports to demonstrate use of funding to international donors
• Manage a school sponsorship program, liaising with donors, children and educational institutions, and managing finances
• Develop strategies to monitor and evaluate the impact of activities implemented as a result of donor grants or sponsorship
• Promote, network and market a non-for profit organisation
• Work with the local community to ensure development activities are meeting the needs of local people and are sustainable
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Kaya Responsible Travel should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.