Canada Winter Working Holiday
N.B. At the moment South African citizens cannot get Working Holiday Visas - sorry!
Working a winter ski season in a Canadian resort just has to rate as one of, if not the best 6 months you will ever experience in your life. Guaranteed! It goes without saying that Canada is renowned around the world for its unforgettable winter seasons. Deep powder, thriving nightlife, untracked terrain and breathtaking scenery are what make it so special. Whether you’re taking the plunge alone or with a group of mates our Powder Package is your ticket to snow heaven.
We have partnered with The Working Holiday Club and can help you organise the perfect season in Whistler Blackcomb or Silver Star in 2015, join the Powder program and benefit from our knowledge, experience and contacts and get the facts to plan your trip and secure an offer long before arriving in Canada. In July 2015, the HR teams from Whistler Blackcomb and Silver Star will be in Europe for our annual job fair to interview and hire 200+ international candidates for a host of jobs in a variety of departments including; retail, rentals, ski school, central reservations, lift/base operations and food and beverages. All positions provide full training and offer great benefits including housing, competitive wages, staff discounts, free lift passes* and invitations to social events. (*Bulldog Hotel doesn’t provide a free lift pass - £200 rebate on Powder program).
The majority of the roles begin in November; candidates arrive in Vancouver typically only 7 days before they start work allowing them to save every penny until the last minute. If you are looking for an amazing and unforgettable adventure in a Canadian ski resort, then the exclusive agreements we have with the resorts will guarantee the Powder program is the only one to consider. The application is an online process through Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC). There is a strict and varied quota for each country and in some countries the competition for places is fierce – especially UK, Ireland, France, Germany & The Netherlands. Visit the page for your country (above) for further information.
To join the winter 2015 program you must confirm you:
• have motivation, personality and enthusiasm
• can attend the interview in July 2015*
• qualify for the International Experience Canada visa
• are available from 1 Nov 2015 until 30 April 2016**
• have a clean criminal record***
• a good level of spoken English
• have at least CAN$2500 to support yourself on arrival (IEC Rule)
• Aged: UK 18-30; Australia 18-30; Belgium 18-30; Czech Republic 18-35; Denmark 18-35; France 18-35; Germany 18-35; Greece 18-35; Ireland 18-35; Italy 18-35; Netherlands 18-30; New Zealand 18-35; Norway 18-35; Poland 18-35; Spain 18-35; Sweden 18-30; Chile 18-35
* Interview locations: London, Utrecht, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Brussels (provisional). Dates TBC for July 2015.
**This is a deal breaker; once you receive a job offer the start date cannot be changed.
*** If you have spent more than 6 months in another country in the last 3 years you will need a criminal record certificate from that country as well.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. StudentUniverse should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.