U18 Teaching English Expedition
You will be part of the Pod Under-18 Team running English language activity camps for schools in tropical Thailand. The camps are an exciting way to engage children aged 8-13 years and help them to learn English through fun sports and activities.
During the camps volunteers run small group activities at schools in the local area. These session may include:
- Arts and Crafts
- Treasure hunts
- Group competitions and quizzes
- Sports and games
The expedition is a fantastic opportunity to travel with a group and get to know the “real” Thailand, whilst also giving something back! Whilst in Thailand volunteers get to know the local area and the local community. Activities included in the expedition are:
- Start your adventure at the beach on the beautiful island of Koh Samui
- Explore traditional Buddhist temples
- Visit a local fishing community village
- Spend 2 nights at a local homestay
- Shop at local markets and cook traditional food with your host Thai family
Your time will be split between time to prepare activities and time to deliver them. On camp days volunteers will be in school from around 8am to 4pm with breaks throughout the day.
There are usually 8-12 volunteers in the Under-18 Team accompanied by a dedicated Pod Team Leader.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Pod Volunteer should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.